The health and happiness

@jugsjugs (13045)
My son has ADHD and i have also got health problems that makes life harder for us both.I am unable to take my son to a park etc as it involves me being on my feet for too long,aswell as if he was to run off or has what i call a hissy fit i am unable to run to help him.He is now going to get a buddy,which is a person that will take him out for a while aswell as do alot of one to one with him,this was all thanks to the health service.I never knew that they done anything like that for people in our position.
I am sorry to hear that jugs....I am glad to hear that you were able to find someone that can help you out with him. I am not sure if this is an option in your area or not but I know that back here there is a program called Big Brother and Sisters and I know quite a few people that volunteer there time to the program and enjoy it very much. There is no charge for it for low income families and it gives the children a cahnce to have some one that can do those extra things with them when the parents are not in the position to....here is a link to their website if you want to check it out: http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.9iILI3NGKhK6F/b.5962335/k.BE16/Home.htm
@jugsjugs (13045)
Thank you very much for the link i will take a look.I have a great support worker that has helped me join alot of different things aswell as she has helped me get as much help as i can as i am unable to walk too far and the hospital wants me to try to stay off my feet as much as possible.I am now getting an occupation health person to see how else they can help me.Now my son can go places aswell as mix with other children just like him,he will love it.
Thanks for the best response jugs...it is much appreciated
@cream97 (29166)
I am so sorry that you are unable to spend time with your son at the park. I am sure that you both would enjoy being together. It is nice of the health service to offer this for you. Maybe you two can do some things together that is in the inside that does not involve you being onto your feet so much. I hope that you will be able to spend as much time with your son even though you may be having a hard time.
I am so sorry to hear that too. and I wish that both of them do not give up hopes even though they could having a hard time ,like you said . I hope they can overcome their problem ,and live better !
@paula27661 (15899)
It must have be such a relief to have some help with your son so that he doesn’t have to miss out on being active because you are unable to keep up with him; a buddy system is a terrific idea and I hope your boy really enjoys it. I pray your condition will improve sooner rather than later so you can run around pain free. Good luck with this.
@jules67 (2790)
It is really hard if one is sick in the family. For a time, it will make you feel not good at all. It is good that we have people who are willing to help us.
@incus99 (1086)
So sorry to hear that... Trials in life may seem unfair, but often times tough trials are matched with tough people all the time.. keep cool
@tuyakiki (3026)
I am so sorry to hear that...But one thing,I believed, is the old saying in Bhagvat Gita: Life is a battle,and we must bravely fought it."I really don't know much about ADHD.. But I wish a good luck to you and your little son.. God bless both of you.
Well sweetie, I really do understand because my son has ADHD and my daughter has M depression and plus I had three others and it had life interesting to say the least. We had are ups and down,Just because they are now grown I still have to deal with it. I am happy that your son it going to get the help that he needs. Back when I children was small there was no help and we felt all alone. Take care Snow
@ladym33 (11008)
I am sorry about your son and your health problems. I think it is wonderful that they have such a service. This will give you a little break and allow for him to get out and be able to play at the park and such and I am sure the person is well trained for taking care of kids like you son. I think that is really great I am sure it will be wonderful for your whole family.
@neildc (17253)
• Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
my son has sleep apnea. and one friend here told me to put him to test to diagnose if he also has ADHD as this son of mine is uncontrollable when he starts to play, get naught all day. and as he grows, he is becoming naughtier. he is not only the loudest snorer in the house, but the naughtiest... good thing you got the health service.
I honestly didn't know that there were programs like what you've mentioned that were available for people based on their medical needs, but I can certainly say that it sounds like a wonderful thing and I'd love to be a part of something like that if it existed in our area. I was always involved in a lot of volunteer work when I was younger and had even considered being a part of our local Big Brothers/Big Sisters program before I had my daughter.
@karen1969 (1788)
My son has ADHD too but he is now 18 and he is so much better. He was so difficult until he was about 12 or 13, then he seemed to calm down. Now at 18, you can hardly tell he has ADHD so hopefully your son will become easier as he gets older too. My 14 year old daughter has ADHD and Aspergers, so that is a difficult combination.
@savypat (20246)
This is wonderful because he will get a new friend also. We have many volunteers who do things like this in our area. We are a poor portion of the state and the government has cut so far back on services that without people who do this just to help there would be nothing like tht here.
@nitu1952 (286)
health and happiness are two different things. my brother has ADHD and i have also got health problems that makes life harder for us both. I am unable to take my son to a park etc as it involves me being on my feet for too long,as well as if he was to run off or has what i call a hissy fit i am unable to run to help him.
@xeroeight (1061)
that is good to hear that there are services like that for the people like in your situation if only I could help but my products are herbal juice I hope it can help you, you can check it on my profile my site health ans wealth.
@kun2349 (23475)
It's good to know that there are such services around.. FOr, when someone in the family is not healthy, or not in the suitable condition for normal life, it does not mean rest of the family must follow suit.. As long as there's some external help, anything is still quite possible.. hehe ^_^ After all, your son is still young, and he does deserve his childhood, while u as a mother, do have the opportunity and right to watch him grow
@cerebellum (3871)
I am sorry about your son's and your health problems. I have some health issues of my own and I can relate to how much harder it makes everything. I am glad you found the service of the "buddy" for your son. His "buddy" will probably make him feel more "normal". There seem to be a lot of health services that no-one knows about.
@pipi_gogo (133)
I am sorry to hear that...... i expect friend health