Remember Tony Curtis?

@veejay19 (3592)
Tony Curtis, the very handsome actor of the sixties and early seventies was well known for his good looks as well as acting prowess.His yop hit movies included the racy comedy 'Some like it Hot' co-starring with the seductive Marilyn Monroe,the historical 'Spartacus', 'The Great Race' and the biographical 'Houdini' where he has enacted the role of the world famous illusionist Harry Houdini.Married to Janet Leigh and father of Jamie Lee Curtis, he was married six times.His present age is 85.do any of you mylotters remember him and have any of you seen any of his movies?Please share.
@artistry (4154)
...Hi vj, Hope you are well and doing okay. I remember Tony Curtis, he was a very good actor and I enjoyed his movies. I thought he was funny along with Sammy Davis and Dean Martin. I did not know he was married eight times, and to tell the truth I did not know he was still alive. That is very interesting, thanks for the information. I have not seen any of his movies lately. Take care.
@veejay19 (3592)
hi my girl,didn`t know that he had acted with Dino and Sammy.I thought that their pal was Frankie `Boy ' Sinatra.Tony`s 1st wife was Janet Leigh and his 6th (not 8th) is Jill Vandenburgh, whom he married in `98.He is 85 yrs old now.
@artistry (4154)
,,Heyyy, If I am not mistaken, they, Curtis, Sammie, Martin and Sinarta were know are the "Rat Pack", because they traveled a lot as a group. They were funny and sometimes serious. He is the last surviving member of that group. Nothing has been said about him lately that I have seen but it's nice to know that he is still around. Thanks for the update. Check your messages later, want to share something with you that you may like. "o).
Yes I remember Tony Curtis and I fondly recall the famous lines from his 1962 film "Taras Bulba{, ""Put your faith in your sword, and your sword in a Pole."
@veejay19 (3592)
I recall the name of this film and am sure that i have seen it during my childhood but can`t remember anything about it.thanks.
The time I saw this film I must have been 17 or 18. I vividly remember some of the scenes in the film. It left a lasting impression on my mind.
curtis? how old he are?
@veejay19 (3592)
Eighty five and still going strong.A very handsome and dashing actor in his heyday.Marilyn Monroe was his mistress.
@crazydaisy (3899)
Yes you are right about his looks,I seen all the movies that you said I really like him in the one 'Some like Hot' it was so funny, he was is a great actor I didn't know he married six times, cd
@veejay19 (3592)
hi cd, his 1st wife was Janet Leigh and he is now married to Jill Vandenburgh(1998).Thanks.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Of course I remember him. He was a very handsome actor from the 60's, and 70's. He is also an accomplished artist. He draws beautiful pictures. As for his movies I loved him in Mr. Roberts with Cary Grant and another movie which I can't remember the name but he is handcuft to another guy maybe Sidney Poitier where they escaped prison and they are on the run.
@veejay19 (3592)
The movie with Sidney Poitier was The Defiant Ones.Thanks.
@epicure35 (2822)
I remember a young, very handsome, dark-haired Tony Curtis. I believe his actual name is Bernie Schwartz. Good thing he looked like a "Tony Curtis", so his "people " could change his moniker. He happened to be one of the few Hollywood "hunks" who could actually act and do great comedy. I believe Jamie Lee has a sister as well. I remember "Some Like It Hot", because he was really funny.
@sender621 (14956)
I still love to watch Tony Curtis movies. the Great Race with natalie Wood is my favorite of his. Tony Curtis was quite a hit with the female population in his heyday. In later years, his claim to fame was being the father of Jamie Lee curtis. I think her fame with the halloween movies brought that about. Tony Curtis has every thing to be proud of in his own right. His Hollywood star still shines!
@nova1945 (1614)
I remember Tony Curtis well. Very handsome screen actor and stage actor as well. Many people in this generation don't know that Tony Curtis was his stage name and his real (given) name was Bernard Schwartz (spelling?) but anyway he was/is very talented and it does seem to run in the family. I wish him a long and happy life.
I really never saw many of his movies. But I do remember that I recognized him when he guest starred on the original CSI several years ago. I still watched CSI back then, and I clearly remember being surprised when I realized it was Tony Curtis on my TV.
@ElicBxn (60884)
Oh, yeah! I loved Tony Curtis when I was young. He had a knack for those comic moments while still looking serious and I think his daughter learned that from him. Some like it Hot and the Great Race were great fun! And he did those romantic leads so well with his good looks.
@commanderxo (1496)
Indeed I do! I also remember him in the Houdini movie, as well as the others you've mentioned here. But my biggest remembrance was when he was teamed up with Roger Moore between 1971-1972, where he played an international playboy named Danny Wilde. Moore played Lord Bret Sinclair. The show only lasted for a year (24 episodes) and was filmed in the U.K. It's title: "The Persuaders". Apparently he's still working, and his latest movie is now in post production. For a guy as old as he is, I have to give him a lot of credit that the film business hasn't left his blood yet. cdrxo