Are you easily ruffled?

@Pose123 (21667)
If we became ruffled with every comment that we considered a 'slight,' we would probably never find peace. Neither is the answer to be found by always separating ourselves from those who ruffle us. We can only end so many friendships before we find ourselves alone. Some will say that we can make new friends, of course, but sooner or later they too will ruffle us. Usually the better course of action is to let the matter go. People rarely mean mean these things, and a touch of tolerance and forgiveness every day is even better for our health than an apple.Do you agree?
@jennyze (7048)
Yes, I am. It never bothered me, cause often than not I just left and came back when I am calmer. Even when I am ruffled, I tried to respond in a joking way. Though sometimes, I just acted and be damn with the consequences.
@jennyze (7048)
Oh, my grammar is a mess, so be it.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi jennyze, Thank you for commenting. Blessings.
@saphrina (31740)
• South Africa
I don't get ruffled very easily even from friends. But unfortunately i do get days that the slightest thing can ruffle all my feathers. Must be the age or something. I do agree that we need to be more tolerant and look past it. TATA.
tolerance is the way to go
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi saphrina, Thanks for commenting and I agree with you and mario. Blessings.
@bird123 (10501)
Well now, I expect you to try and ruffle my feathers once and a while. That's how I can tell that I'm doing some good. So many times the learning is around the drama. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't stick around when things got tough? My friendship is like a bad cold. I'm hard to get rid of!!! Once again, great discussion Pose123.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi bird, Thanks for "sticking around", we need all the friends we can get. Blessings.
i'm a very tolerant person, hence i do not get ruffled or offended easily. but i do tend to get bored of somethings very fast. and when i'm bored, i just look for something interesting to do. sometimes when people see my bored expression, they mistake it for an expression of me being offended at something..
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi mario, Thanks for sharing and tolerance is important as so often people say things of the top of their head and have no intention of offending anyone. Blessings.
@Mirita (2668)
Yes, let's not make such a big deal about stuff that is not so important instead let's concentrate on enjoying life by retaining good friends. Friendship is something that money cannot buy.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi Mirita, Great response thanks. Blessings.
@cip116 (1011)
Nobody tries to "ruffled" me Is the only reason :I am Leo in zodiac Everyone tries to wear a hair brush when talking to me. However,if an accident happens ...that moment is unforgettable for a person who tries
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi cip, Thanks for sharing. Blessings.
@barehugs (8986)
A Friend in need is a Friend indeed! Which is just another way of saying, "Good friends are hard to find!" I've spent a lifetime without friends, ( sure I'm friendly, but have always stepped back when things got too friendly.) Friends are just someone you know well enough to wave to, as you go by. Keep this in the back of your mind and you can be sure nobody is going to ruffle your feathers today or tomorrow! Many of us would find great benefit in putting our trust in ourselves, rather than in uncertain friends!
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi barehugs, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Blessings.
@sulynsi (2837)
Well said, as per usual! But I'm not an owl and have no feathers to ruffle!
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi sulynsi, LOL! Good one my friend, thanks. Blessings.
@sender621 (14956)
I try my best not to let situations or comments ruffle my feathers. It is too exhausting and provides little comfort. Compassion and understanding go a long way to keeping me less ruffled.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi sender,It looks like you have things well under control. Thanks for commenting. Blessings.
@cher913 (25890)
it depends on how tired i am. of course, when i am more tired, i am more emotional but the trick is like you mentioned, stay away from people who bug you.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi cher, Thanks for your comment. Blessings.
@ram_cv (16516)
My motto in life is When the going gets tough, the tough get going. So usually I do not get ruffled very easily. If anything I dig my heels deeper when someone tries to ruffle me and fight harder. Being a sportsman I am used to being ruffled by opponents and usually pay them back with my performance rather than getting irritated. Though earlier when I was much younger I used to get easily ruffled and used to get a rush of blood!! Cheers! Ram
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi ram_cv, Thanks for commenting and you seem to be doing fine. Blessings.
I use to get ruffled very easily. I have learned that it is not always the other person's fault. I have a tendency to think too far into what people say. I believe a good friend is one that will not lie to you no matter what. Honesty is cruel sometimes but lies are worse.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi sfieseler, Thanks for commenting and remember usually people don't mean these things. Blessings.