Pets at work

What do you think of people who bring their pets to work with them? I couldn't imagine taking my dog to work, she would be such a distraction since I work at an elementary school. I do know some people who take their pets to work but they are usually are the bosses of the company. I think it is great that they can do it because of their station in life but what I hate is when they expect the other people in the office to watch or take care of the pet.
I understand where you are coming from, from your statement you made. I work for a local construction company here i live and i work out of the owner's house doing some administratie and marketing for them. They have two big rotweilers and they are quit big and sometimes in the way and thy can just push me sometimes that gets me annoyed. Now some days they leave for most of the day and some days half of the day and now i have to take care of their dogs while they are away and that bugs me. I have my own dog at home to take care of and i have no one at home to take care of him when no one is home.
I think its unprofessional to take them everyday. It's ok if its just one day, like bring your pet to work day. But other then that, don't. They are too distracting.