Have you ever visit a Red Indian Friend and how was it ?

Hong Kong
I still remember those Cowboys and Red Indians movie in the good old day and it was fun to watch. When I grow up ,I have an opportunity to study in Canada and saw many real red Indians of Canada.They looked very unhappy all the times and I heard that the white people in the early age tried to make those Red Indian got drunk all the times and tempted them into drugs in order to make them lost their courage to fight back.I am not sure whether it was true or not.But I would like to play a visit to their village if I can have a chance and get to know them better.Maybe you can share your experience with me if you have ever visit their village.
I've never visited a Red Indian. Haha. Don't know anything about it.
@RobtheRock (2485)
I have not visited a reservation but I knew one Cherokee lady I worked with. She did not like the song "Cherokee Nation" and I understand why. Alchohol was used on Indians and Blacks to make them weaker in mind and spirit. The problem with the race thing is that we forget these people are from ethnic groups. Although we see White people, they are of French, English, Spanish, etc. ethnicity. So are the so called Indians. There's Cherokee and Apache and Chippawa and Iroquois, etc.
The Native Americans (Red Indians would be considered a deragtory term) were not treated fairly by many when explorers came to the Americas. They were made to live on reservations and monitored closely. They became very angry and resentful to the "white man". There is a great Native American comedian, J. Medicine Hat, that opens his show telling of how he spent time in jail over the Battle of Wounded Knee. Their plight today is still very unfair and many of them live in poverty; their only way to betterment is to leave thier reservation and intergrate into western culture. The problem with this is many choose not to do so because they do not want to lose thier culture or heritage.