ONE Great Reason!!

@rodney850 (2145)
Ever wonder why so many people are so adamant about more control of our Mexican borders? The following article give a great reason and it would stand alone as an imperative reason if there were no othere. Here is the article: http://www.newsmax.com/Murdock/terrorists-mexico-border/2010/06/25/id/363056
@owlwings (40033)
• Cambridge, England
I think that border control is eminently sensible. We have tightened up considerably in Europe - and for very similar reasons. I think that, in America, you have a somewhat unique political system where federal issues and state issues are not always given the priority that they deserve. There seem to be (state) factions which rebel against federal laws and vice versa. When it boils down to it, it is all about petty internal politics and squabbles and a lack of a clear directive about who is funding what. Arizona borders with Mexico, as do three other states. What are those states doing about illegal immigrants? The only other country that the US has land borders with is Canada (as far as I know) and both the USA and Canada are know what they are doing with that. It seems to me that it is not up to Arizona to make the law. It should be a federal concern.
@rodney850 (2145)
True enough, Arizona shouldn't have ever been put in the position of having to pass this law but they saw no alternative. Our situation is unique from most countries in that we only have two countries that lie on our borders and that is Canada and Mexico. The real problem is that our souther border is so easily breached we leave ourselves open to another 9/11 but in much bigger proportions. If America doesn't sieze control of her southern border I predict within the next decade she will see a terrorist attack within her borders that will make 9/11 look like a school picnic! Probably will be nuclear.
@Destiny007 (5820)
National Security demands that our borders be controlled. This is true of any country, and the US is no exception. Our government puts us at risk every second that our borders remain unsecured. I find it extremely stupid that we have tightened security on aircraft to the extent that we have and yet no one in the government gives a damn about our southern border. How stupid can people get anyway? We should have as many troops on that border as it takes to secure it, and deadly force should be authorized.