Stranded for a wedding

I just cannot believe this. My friend and I were planning to go to my friends sons wedding. He texted me a million times this morning because he was ready to go and close to my house an HOUR early! I finally told him to stop texting me so I can get ready. Then, he decided he wasn't going. He texted me and said I changed my mind, not going. Ok, I said, thinking he was only joking. Well, a couple of calls went to voice mail and he is not answering my text. So I am stranded. My car often slows down to 30mph on the free way, so I cannot take my car there. I am just absolutely flabbergasted at this! I am still sitting in my wedding clothes right now, I guess I should change since we should have left 10 minutes ago. He is not going to come. I think he may be angry that I asked him to stop texting me, then he sent another text that said ok boss and I just did not answer it because I was busy putting my makeup on. Then he texted me after a few minutes that he is not going. I almost feel like crying; this is my best friend and she is so happy her son is getting married. But, what can I do? She doesn't have a cell phone so I cannot let her know what is happening. She and her hubby stayed at a hotel overnight. I know she will be disappointed that I will not be there, and looking for me. I just cannot believe how temperamental this guy is. I am so very glad I am not dating him! We are just friends, but it seems that may be on rocky ground now, since I don't know why he decided not to go at the very last minute.
I would have been frustrated about the constant texts while I was trying to get ready, especially if he was running early as I am generally running late, and that would have made me even later. I also would have been extremely disappointed and angry if he really did not show up. I think that would have been about the end of the relationship, especially since he left you stranded last minute without any good reason. How rude!
There is nothing more frustrating for us slow pokes than to be put behind schedule even further by some disruption such as texting or calling while we are trying to get ready! I was very happy after I shimmied into my girdle and did my hair and realized I was running early! But, not that early.......... I hope nothing like this ever happens to you. It is very painful to miss something one has been looking forward to for so many months.
I have had to miss out on important things, especially ones that I have been looking forward to doing, due to other people, so I do know how it feels. What makes it even worse, in my opinion, is that he let you get all ready and then at the very last second left you all made-up and ready to go with no other way to get there. That makes me feel awful, and I am not even the one the he did it to.
I am sorry you had to miss important things because of others. It is not fun for sure and very disappointing to say the least. Sometimes, as in this case it is a heart jerker. Thank you for your empathy. I am still hurting and confused over this.
@lilybug (21148)
It does sound as if your friend was being pretty over dramatic about you asking him to stop texting you so you could finish getting ready for the wedding. I am sorry that you will not be able to attend the wedding of your other friends child because of it. I am sure that your friend will understand that you really had no choice in not being able to attend.
True, she will understand. But she will not know until she calls me to find out what happened, and will be looking for me at the wedding and reception. I still cannot believe I am sitting here right now. I do not know how I should take this. I am embarrassed about it too, as well as sad and worrying for my friend who will be worrying for me. I spoke to her just yesterday before she left for the hotel and of course at that time I thought I would be at the wedding, so I told her I would see her there. Thank you for your response!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
That's just beyond rude.
Just a tad. Over the many texts he sent me later that evening to berate me, he did mention a few times that I ordered him about like he was a no body. Cripes, if he were a no body to me, he wouldn't have been around for me to order him about. Certainly he would not have been going to the wedding with me. In all seriousness, I can be a bit bossy at times, but I am not rude nor impolite. If that were the issue then why not mention it to me rather than pulling this. He's nuts, and after something like this how on earth can I trust him? I would always be on eggshells wondering what crime I might commit against him to cause him to turn on me.