What is the Secret to a Happy Life?

@34momma (13918)
Don't we all wish we had the answer to this question? I think we are all born with the answer to this question. If we take the time to be happy about what we have and not be sad about what we don't have is a start. So what do you think is the secret to a Happy Life?
34momma the secret to a happy life is to be content with what you have now, and not always envying others who have more than you have. The secret in not in things but in your heart of hearts. Be happy to be the best you can be at what you work at.
@34momma (13918)
Hatley you always so the best things/ You always either give me something to think about, or say something to make me smile! thanks my friend
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
That is also very good advice Hatley! I completely agree with this, but a lot of people really having problems living up to this... I guess it is part of human nature? But we are all much happier as soon as we stop comparing ourselves to others, that is for sure!
yes I know that is hard to live up to and I have had my problems too but the more I dwelled on them, the worse I felt now I am so glad as my son finally after all these months has a job. this makes me happy for both of us.My big problem now is that I do not really like living here but if my son will accumulate some money one day we can move into an apartment together.
@abj163 (1038)
i think the secret of happy life is being satisfied ........if u will always satisfy with your work/studies you will be happy......in everything you must be satisfied....and another secret of mine for happy life is reading inspirational books....whenever i gets bored or nervous or upset i used to read inspirational books.....i have a collection of inspirational quotes also..and i love to read them..thats how i just try to make me happy happy mylotting
@34momma (13918)
those books make me very happy too. they just always center me and make me feel better about myself and my current place in life.
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
I think that is very individual, and the same things do not make everyone happy, so the best thing to do is really to think long and hard about it, and discover what makes YOU happy. Knowing yourself, and what adds something to your life, is the only way to find true happiness. If you just try to recreate something that works for other people, you will probably be dissapointed. Not a very clear answer, I know, but that's really how I feel about it!
@34momma (13918)
You are right it means something different to everyone. What i am asking what does it mean to you?