Where again is Arizona on the map?

Someone needs to tell Peggy West (D) of of Milwaukee. She is actually Milwaukee County Supervisor. while in a meeting on the Arizona law and a possible boycott of the state due to it's new immigration law she said: "If this was Texas, which is a state that is directly on the border with Mexico, and they were calling for a measure like this saying that they had a major issue with undocumented people flooding their borders, I would have to look twice at this," West said in the meeting. "But this is a state that is a ways removed from the border and, um, it doesn't make sense to me." LOL...last time I check Arizona DID share a border with Mexico...so I guess once someone corrects her, she will support the bill. Sense she sees nothing wrong with it for states that are on the border. http://www.wisn.com/news/24053665/detail.html Milwaukee neesd to give their politicans a geography test before they run for office. What do you think? Why are politicans calling for boycotts and speaking out against a bill when 1. Most have not read it. 2. They have no idea where Arizona is 3. They have no idea what states share a border with Mexico. Give me your thoughts on this situation.
@laglen (19782)
lmao if Arizona has actually seen an illegal immigrant... I would consider it. omg she might have said that as well. I agree a geography lesson "of her own country" is in order. Or maybe Milwaukee isnt in the US......
The people of Milwaukee need to take a closer look at thier politicans. This one seems to be making decisions without know ANY facts...like where the state is that she is talking about boycotting. You would have thought she would have researched it before she made a decision. But I guess an informed decision is not what she was going for.
@laglen (19782)
I wonder when she made the statement, how many people knew she was wrong...
It has been all over the news and YouTube. Trust me...alot of people know what she said and that she was wrong. The whole country has been laughing at her for about a week now. LOL. I am sure she won't make THAT mistake again.
@dboman (457)
Yes, I heard this a couple of days ago. How hilarious is this? Not very bright. Is this not the best argument for limited government that you've ever heard? The thing about this bill is, like you said, many of the people against it haven't even read it. The Left has perpetuated so many lies, misconceptions and scare tactics about this bill that you can't really blame some people for not knowing what they should about it (though knowing that Arizona borders Mexico should be a given).
You would have thought that it was a given that people knew Arizona shares a border with Mexico...especially for a politican. She is the poster child for term limits and limited government.
@dboman (457)
I agree with both of you. I really like the last paragraph of your post there, maters. I think it sums it up really well.
@Latrivia (2889)
Texas, New Mexico, California, and Arizona are the border states to the south - but illegals are in EVERY state. They don't just make it to the border states and stop. Then you still have the illegals who come here legally on a visa and stay past it's expiration. Again, people, this isn't just targeting Mexican illegals - it targets ALL illegals. Perhaps when she said Arizona, she was thinking of Nevada - but really, is it so hard to research stuff before you form an opinion on it?
You would have thought she would have researched it before she made her speech...bet she won't make that mistake again.LOL I agree it is a big problem in most states. I know in my state we have a HUGE illegal problem and we are not on the border.
@xfahctor (14128)
• Lancaster, New Hampshire
ROFLMAO! I never get tired of seeing this. But I bet right about now she is REALLY cursing the very existence of youtube. In other videos, she is corrected after by someone else there, but she never does actually "think twice".I'm sure she came up with some other excuse to not support it.
Oh I bet she is hating Youtube right now. And when she runs for re-election you can bet it will be brought back out and used against her again.LOL No I bet she did not change her mind when told the AZ really was on the border with Mexico. She just thought up another excuse to follow party lines.
@Taskr36 (13925)
Wow... That really is pathetic. I mean, there's only 4 states on that border so it should be hard to remember all of them. I wonder if she knows how many states there actually are in this country. If so she's still a short step up from our president.
I know...it really makes me wonder...how do these people get elected again?
@matersfish (6311)
I'm sure a lot of those D's think Alaska is a southern state, too, and that the great state of New Orleans is the biggest victim of white corporate racism in the past 100 years. It just goes to show that you really don't need to know anything, to have done anything or even to be capable of doing anything to win political office. All you need is votes, and to that end there are a number of different ways you can go about getting them. And I'm wondering if a county supervisor has to "run" for anything anyway? Perhaps that position is a benefit of cronyism where one moron helps another moron achieve a great, no-work-involved living. I don't know. I don't want to make too much of it. But it seems like another prime example of disconnected politicians seeking money and power and not working to be a public servant. Sure, I don't have much to base that broad assumption on based on one boneheaded comment. But I would assume that anyone wishing to help America would know its basic geography is nothing else. FFS! Those people on the island of Milwaukee are something else.
She said she would "look twice" at supporting the bill if AZ was on the border. Well I wonder NOW that someone has told her it is on the border if she WILL support it or at least read the bill again.
@elmiko (6640)
i my self really don't understand the objection to what Arizona did to send illegal immigrants back to their native country. after all it is illegal for them to be here. i've even heard that the obama administration may try to take federal action to overturn Arizonas illegal immigrant law. i don't see why they would do that considering Arizona is dealing with ILLEGALS. Actually 20 states are applauding the law Arizona made and thinking about having the same law. the fact remains though that their is no way that the USA as a whole can send every immigrant back to their country. i do support worker programs for people who come to the USA on a temporary basis as long as they have identification and pay taxes like other Americans in this country. also even though this law has been passed the fact is sending illegals back to their native country is nothing new. my aunts ex-husband was here illegally and they shipped him on a plane back to columbia. the majority in the state of Arizona support the new law based on the polls even though the media is making it seem like most hate and oppose the new law.
I don't understand the big deal about the new law either. But I find a scarey that a politican did not even KNOW where Arizona was on the US map.
@EvanHunter (4028)
Good grief. I really think I ought to get into politics myself I don't see how I could do any worse than the people we have now. I wonder how many people at the government level thought the same thing she did until they seen this news clip. "The board voted to table the boycott proposal." LOL I am sure that she helped put a nail in the coffin for that boycott.
Their stupidity seems to be bottomless. Yet these are the people who are in charge of making major and difficult decisions for this country? NO wonder we are in shape we are in.