How to make a perfect potato salad?

Help, I want to make a potato salad. I already bought some ingredients: Potatoes... lol... Okay I got some chicken breast, egg (do you put those?), celery (not really sure), onion, mayo, salt and pepper... Do you put pickles? Let me know some of your yummy potato salad recipes. Thanks, so much! My ingredients are waiting. :)
@se7enthbird (8327)
my wife uses baby potatoes and just cut into half so it is in bite sizes already, she also pour half a can of evaporated milk on the potatoes before putting mayonnaise. well of course it depends on how many your potatoes are. she said the milks purpose so that the potato will absorb the milk and not the mayonnaise. she put crushed bacon too, fry the bacon first. she does not put pickles and does not put egg. she puts cheese and sometimes small cuts of apples and pineapple tidbits. of course chicken.
Thanks! I think adding cheese is so yum. :)
so what are the complete Recipe you are Using?
@oldchem1 (8144)
This is what I put in my potato salad, and it always goes down well!Chopped cooked potatoes,coarsely chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped celery, chopped cucumber, finely chopped red onion,sea salt and freshly ground pepper and a mixture of mayo and sour cream (slightly more mayo than the sour cream) Enjoy your salad
Yummy!!! Thank you so much.
ooooh..that really sounds tasty i'd try it with some sprinkles of bacon bits in mine
Hi friend, I make three types of potato salad. I have many people with different needs so when I have them for lunch or diner and I have a potato salad I make what they like. You have had a recipe here for the potato salad I like best. Ihas mayo, and dill pickles. I never put celery because I feel there´s too great a difference between the celery´s crunchyness and the softness of the potato, the eggs and the mayo dressing. Some of the people I love don´t like dill pickles so I boil peas and carrots (I dice them finelly later) and toss them with mayo. My yongest grandson won´t eat any of those because he doesn´t like mayo. Good for him, because he was found to have his cholesterol a little bit high. Fot him I cut cut up the potatoes while stil warm and put some olive oil. Then I chop parsley and toss it in with more oil, salt to taste and lemon juice. This last salad is very good for overweight people. I hope this helps.