Would you sacrifice your own happiness and freedom?

You found out that your partner cheated and you and you wanted to end your relationship because you lose trust, respect and love for him but you are uncertain since you have kids connecting both of you. What will you do? Will you choose to sacrifice your own freedom and happiness for the sake of your kids and family reputation or would you rather choose to free yourself from betrayal and owe your kids explanation?
• Portugal
if i wasnt happy with him anymore bcs couldnt forgive what he did i would sure explain to my kids what happened and that me and their daddy were no longer in love. bcs if he cheated is bcs something was wrong to him. anyway i dont think my kids would be happy with parents that are together just bcs of them and not bcs they love each other. i think we must be happy thats why we are alive and for sure kids would understand ^^
Yeah it would be the best choice to do and just hope that kids can understand the situation. Some partners may be the best parents to their kids even if they are separated though they can never be the perfect partners. Have a happy life.. :)
@karen1969 (1788)
Well, I already stayed in an unhappy marriage in the past, because I felt it was the best thing to do for my kids. But when we did eventually split up, my eldest daughter (who was 7 then) said she was pleased he had left, because we were always arguing and she didn't like it. So even if we think we are doing something for the kids, it may not be the best thing.
yeah,It would hurt them to see parents go their own way but it would hurt them more to see that their parents are not happy with each other anymore. Parents could not be the best partners together but they can also be the best parents to their kids though separated.
@LittleMel (14055)
We don't have kids but I don't think I can raise a child well, if I am in denial myself I will be in denial, if his betrayal angers me and yet I pretend it doesn't happen just for the sake of it I once lived with a couple who were in this situation they had kids and the mother didn't work, and so she had to stay with the cheating husband guess what, the husband cheated on her again and again she became bitter and lashed out on her children especially the little girl believe it or not, this little girl actually grew up loving her dad more than her mom - and she still does because her dad did cheat, but if her mother chose to live separately the children wouldn't have seen as much arguments they would miss their father but it would be more peaceful and they would learn to stand up for the truth and fairness the mother said she stayed for the kids but as the girl grew up she knew that this is not true the court would grant her alimony and the mother had a family who at the time was close they would be willing to accept her and the kids until she can find work so it's not like she didn't have the choice to be independent
Too bad for the mom. She was deeply hurt but she should have find ways to free herself from this. Hope this won't happen to other women out there..
I was pregnant with my daughter when I fund out my husband cheated on me. He had another woman pregnant at the same time. I put me first and left his azz. Had I stayed with him I would have given him the ok to cheat on me again. There is n.o bigger disgrace that could have come out of his cheating than another child. I took myself away from him and raised my daughter alone. I would do it all over again had I the chance. No woman should ever stay with a bad situation because of kids. Kids are the first to feel moms pain. That would be a sorry way for me to treat my child.
I salute you for being a strong woman. I guess I would do the same if I were in your situation. It is easier to explain to kids the reason why you left than to live a life full of misery. I would also give him a chance if he would just cheat but having another woman pregnant would be a big NO NO for me.