What's Wrong?

@erikmama (12934)
Have you ever had a friend that suddenly began to act strange towrds you? This person no longer wanted to hang out with them or talk on the phone... Did the person give you an explanation as to why they were upset, or did they just blow you off? If you are upset with a friend do you offer an explanation why or just stop being a friend? Has this ever happened to you?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Yes, this happened to me. I had a friend at work and we worked together for years. Then I was transferred to another office and then I came back a few years later. Everything seemed great but then after 9/11 which we both survived being in the World Trade Center she seemed different towards me and its like I don't exist. She never gave an explanation and I have asked other mutual friends and no one seems to know why she is acting like this towards me. So I have decided not to pursue or deal with it. For me I see it as her problem. If she can't tell me the problem how can I fix it?
@erikmama (12934)
OMG lelin! I had no idea youwere in 9/11.That had to be a life-changing experience.I am so sorry. Well,I am sorry that you lost a friend.But I am sure that with all of the trama experineced after this there is a valid reason for her acting like this.
@erikmama (12934)
I am so sorry to hear that you lost friends in such a tragic way,and here I sit an moan and groan about all the petiness I do... I am glad you made it out o.k. and hope that you have no lasting effects from it. You are right,it is her problem,not yours.Dont feel guilty.God doesnt make mistakes,an you are hear for a reason.You cant change His will.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
Thank you so much erikmama for the best response mark.
i guess that is what friendship is all about. it is not just being on the 'up' side always but also on the 'down' side. most of my college closest friends are away from me. communication might not be there always but if we do keep in touch, we are sure that nothing has changed and friendship is very much retained. even if we are still together during college days, some of us might not be readily available all the time. since we are individuals, we assume different interests. however, each of us respect that interest. if such a case happens to me whether i'm being ignored or is the one who do the 'ignoring', i do not think i owe an explanation to my other friends or i should demand an explanation from them for their behavior. though we are close, there is such a thing as respect for privacy..
@erikmama (12934)
Keeping in touch is importatnt!! I like a friendshpi that lasts.Especially when you find a true friend, a good friend...Keep them close because they are hard to find.
@Netsbridge (3243)
I think a friend is someone that loves and cares enough to say even those things that he/she knows you ought to know but may offend you. The only time I will avoid anyone for doing me wrong is after I have conveyed my thoughts and the person choses to continue unpleasant acts - and in so doing I am in fact being a friend. Did you know that sometimes you can show love to some people by merely leaving them alone?
@erikmama (12934)
This is what I think of as a friend.But I suppose this is the old-fashioned way of thinking and we expect to much now-a-days. Doing a person wrong is totally different than just deciding one day you no longer like this person. Yes, you can show love leaving a person alone when it is the best for them.Thay say thehardest things to do are usually the best things to do...
@silvercoin (2102)
• Lithuania
It has happened to me.I don't think this happens out of nothing.There must be some reason for it.Sometimes our friends don't tell us what they don't like in our behavior and when they get tired of some specific thing, they "punish" us and stop answering or doesn't want to contact us anymore.If the person feels more comfortable without me, let it be.Maybe he or she will change his/her mind and come back.Relax.
@erikmama (12934)
I think what you have said is very true.It is hard to find someone that you can totally get along with,but there should always be things talked about instead of just ignoring the person. I feel you and what youre saying,though.If you dont like me forget you.But sometimes the other person is left wondering what happened or what they did...
@jhudy101 (373)
Im just lucky that it didn't happen to me, or at least not yet.I am very open and whenever i am upset to one of my friends, i tell them face to face.i talk to that certain friend personally. that way, they will know what made me feel upset. that somehow they have offended me and that by telling them, they can explain themselves to me, and i would be able to see their facial expression so i would have a clue if they are telling the truth. On the other hand, if i were the one who had been offensive without being really aware, i want them to tell me and talk to me so that i can make amend. I am not the type who just stop being a friend without exerting any effort to save the friendship
@erikmama (12934)
Honesty is the best poilicy.You should always communicate with friends/It is great yuo have never experienced this in your life.
• Bulgaria
actually both these happened to me there was a friend of mine, who suddenly stopped answering my calls or sms-greetings and mails i even tried to apologize to him - although i couldn't remember what my actions might have affected him, but anyway even this did'n effect... :-/ after some time we met and he acted like nothing happened, so now we meet from time to time again :) and there was a good friend of mine, who tried with words and actions to separate me and the girl i liked at that time i tried to explain him, that i don't like all this and, of course, he denied everything and even accused me that i was imagining things so i decided to stop communicating with him
@erikmama (12934)
Hmm...I guess we all have our moods,but they shouldnt affect your friends!! You dont want those in your life who are trying to interfere with your life and cause iunneeded trouble and drama!!
@lility85 (37)
• Brazil
Had times when my friends and I fought even for mundane things, but we always did and peace was all right between us. Never fight to stop talking about each outher.
@erikmama (12934)
It seems it is always small, silly things that ruin a friendship.It is good to know that none of these pety things have broken up any friendships for you.Finding a true friend is hard,so we should keep those we have!
Yea one day like out of the blue we just stopped texting each other, the next thing i knew she deleted me off of her myspace and we just never spoke again. I think some people just decide one day they had enough of you and move on. I don't mind though i mean friends come and go. some stay and those are the best ones.
@erikmama (12934)
I always like to have a lasting friendship.But some people just aren't that close in the first place and I guess you are right, they just move on.