I'm trying to find a good store bought pizza sauce any ideas?

@sissy15 (5084)
I am trying to find a good store bought pizza sauce I've tried a few pizza sauces and don't care for them like chef boyardee and there was a couple of others I have tried as well and I just don't like them. Can anyone give me the name of a good store bought pizza sauce? I like occasionally making my own pizza but it gets expensive to make pizza sauce which is why I buy it, the pizza supplies itself can get expensive especially the cheese. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
@ElicBxn (60069)
try a spaghetti sauce you like, that works pretty good.
@sissy15 (5084)
I actually tried it because it was a cheaper solution and it worked out pretty well I tried Hunts and I am thinking about trying del monte. I oddly really like the cheap spaghetti sauces so it saves on the money. I wasn't sure about it at first because some of the spaghetti sauces have more texture to them but hunts is a lot smoother than most of the other sauces so it turned out pretty good. It went well with the crust recipe I have which I am happy I don't have to let rise. Thanks for the idea.
@ElicBxn (60069)
I did it because the sauce that came in a pizza "kit" had corn starch in it and so we tried it with Classico (one I can eat) and it worked good for me.
@sissy15 (5084)
I really don't like the pizza kits for some reason their pizza sauce and crust always tastes kind of off I prefer to make my own crust in which I know everything that goes in it and buy the sauce separately although that never went well either. My parents told me when we made pizza when I was a kid we used spaghetti sauce but I didn't remember doing that. I remember the pizza was really good when we made it when I was a kid, but sometimes I think we used a sauce from an actual pizza store or something like that in which we could buy the sauce and everything that goes on the pizza and the sauce they had was much different then the ones you could buy in a grocery store.
@ducja1 (107)
i would make your own store bought pizza sause is gross lol iv never found one i like i use to make pizzas for a crappy little pizza place in my town and they used a really easy recipie just use equall amounts of tomatoe paste and tomatoe sause, mix with garlic powder salt orgeno italin seasoning alittle salt chili powder cayan powder (little depending on your spicy palett) stir refrderate for a hour or so covered then use if you want the exact mesurments you can send me a msg :)
@ducja1 (107)
lol forgot sugar like i said if you want the exact recipie i would be more than happy to help
@sissy15 (5084)
thanks for the help but I went with the spaghetti sauce idea and it actually turned out better than I thought it would. I buy everything else to make it so it gets expensive trying to buy everything for the sauce.
@cream97 (29175)
Hi, sissy15. Digorno's always taste great! They have the stuffed cheese brand. We always buy this. They make the best pizza! You can buy this at any grocery store. We love to go to Walmart to get this pizza.