I finally spoke up for myself last night and it felt great

My friend lives with me as many of you now know. Well she is a stone cold drunk and it's getting on my nerves. Well she came in the house flucked up to the rim. I was like oh my goodness how can she do this to her kids. They were looking so sad. the oldest one was crying as she is fed up with the embarrassment of it all. Last night i heard her arguing with my daughter about her being drunk and she cursed at my daughter. I told her that I would not tollerate this behavior in my home. That her kids are use to this but,my daughter is not. I told her I do not want this around karisma at all. She got mad and said her kids are not use to this. I turned around and asked her daughter have you seen your mother drunk before. Knowing we all know this is this girls problem. the child just begged me to leave it alone. So I shut up. When her mother left the room she cried and said how tired she is of going through this. her dad will be here the 27th of this month to take them back home. I know many of you are proud of me tonight.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
With the way she has acted and the things she has done, you should just boot her out.
She has to be out tomorrow and I hope and pray she gets in a shelter.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
It is not your problem, she should have been thinking more of you, moving in on you like that. She did not think of how you felt. I feel for the girls, and understand letting them stay with you, but she is not a friend to take advantage like she is. I pray that she comes to her senses very soon. Where is the guy that she was seeing that has all the kids that she is willing to give up her kids for?
@rosegardens (3044)
My heart breaks for those poor children. What an awful life to have to lead. Let me ask you something. What benefit is there for you to have this woman under your roof? Do you need what she has to offer (rent, child care, whatever it is she may be giving you) badly enough to have to put up with this behavior and have your daughter exposed to this lifestyle? Good for you for speaking up. I caution you though: when she is drinking be very careful what you say. You do not know how she may react towards you if you happen to tick her off. She may become physical. This is a volatile person when she's drinking. Instead Confront her when she is sober and in her right mind. Be careful sweety! I wish you all the best.
She pays for nothing here while staying with us. She buys food but nothing else. I can live withoout it all. I do it because those are my god daughters and her family is so fed up no one will help her. But,they are taking it out on the girls by not taking them in while the father is working on getting them home. So I can live with some discomfort till he gets here. I just won't tollerate my daughter being abused by her nasty ways. She will be gone for 4 days with the girls to her sisters house this week. So that helps as well. I will not talk to her while she is drunk again.
God bless you (and surely He will) for making such a sacrifice to help those girls. Most people I know would not tolerate that. You have the patience and the fortitude of a saint to care for those girls under these conditions. Certainly they will learn from you while they are living with you. Happy Mylotting, and may peace enter your home and permeate every corner.
@sid556 (31006)
Good for you Gifts! Still, you have to stop taking people in that you feel sorry for without setting some boundaries for yourself and your daughter. These sort of people just add to the stress that you already have in your life.
My sister just said the very same thing. But,this will be the last time I let others make me feel bad for them. I can't save anyone else but,myself and my daughter.
@sid556 (31006)
I used to be like you a lot in that I was always trying to help people. That's not a bad quality at all because some people are really appreciative and it's worth it but some just aren't. I made my kids my priority. I would help where I could but I wasn't going to compromise my kids well-being for someone else. And that included guys. my kids are very kind and they never minded me helping out someone that was in real need even if it compromised some of their material stuff. We were pretty poor ourselves. But to help someone that can afford to go out and get drunk out of their skull and upset our entire home...NO! I know , Gifts, I've done it myself. In the situation that you are in right now, the part that would be hard for me would be her kids. I'd be really torn on that. I'd probably tell her that she can't be there while she is drinking and I would not...couldn't kick her kids out.
Wow! That's great! That woman has to learn a lesson. She sets a bad example to children.
I am trying to let them stay here till the daughter takes he last test. But,I really want them gone now.
l wish there where more of you for the children that have to put up with that. just wanted to say good for you and l am glad that you stud up to her she can not use your house or you like that
I am counting the days till the dad picks them up.
@syankee525 (6295)
Good for you.. yeah if a friend who i let lived with me cruiss my daughter or son out. yeah they will have to leave right there and then. and let them know i will keep their kids until their dad comes and get them. ok wait i did toss a female friend who was living with us out for the same reason.. her kids woke up my daughter and my daughter said to the mom about it. so i told her that her and the kids needs to get out.. no matter what..
I could not sleep at night if I were to do this to her. She has been my friend since high school. I want ther to be here till her kids go with the father and then find a room to live in for herself. She was pissy drunk that night and spole to my daughter wrong yes. But,what could I possibly say to the girls if they watch me put their mom on the street? Nothing could be that bad to add that stress on to those girls like that.
Atta Girl...you know at times...like these u got to record her behavoir and show her what actually happens...show her how sshe is when she stone drunk and how it is affecting her kids...i am sure as mom she adores them so it might lead her to quit drinking...
I will tell my daughter to record her the next time she gets like that. Thanks
@cream97 (29169)
Good for you! I would be even more prouder of you if you just kick her out of your house! This woman is being very irresponsible to herself and to her kids too. It is not fair that their mother is out there messing up her life. They need their mom at home with them. It is so sad that they all have to go through this! I hope that their mom gets her act together. If she does not, then her kids can get taken away. I am glad that you stood up to her. Show her who is the boss in your home! I know that you don't want to just throw her out on the streets. This world is very dangerous and she should be very careful on what she does when she is out and about. I will be glad when their father comes to pick his girls up on the 27th. They don't need to be stressed out and sad like this. Their mother should be ashamed of herself!
Yes they will be fine after the father picks them up. She will be finding a room to live in when he leaves. My daughter and I are moving and she can't move with us. She has good enough time to look for a place. Or she can go stay with one of the 5 men she is sleeping with.
Though I'm not able to speak for everyone, I can speak for myself and I can say that I am quite proud of you for speaking for yourself. As a parent there are always things that we don't want our children to be exposed to and the fact that your friend is exposing your daughter to this kind of behavior, you did what you needed to do by speaking up for Karisma's well-being. I'm sure that the time that the other children's father will be there to get them can't get here quick enough for you.
@anil78650 (177)
you done the good job............
@mauie0918 (339)
I hope your friend realized her mistakes for all the crazy things she did! So sad but life must go on!
i am very proud of you that is your home and your daugther and if she is going to be there then she can respect the rules the sad part is the kids have to watch that so i hope they live with there dad and if not i hope your friend get's some help