Advancements in science made life easier but are we losing the goodness in life?

Singapore
Sparked off by another topic again, so here goes... Fruits are bigger and prettier but have no taste, chickens and cows get fatter but hormones in them are affecting humans, men and women looked more beautiful and handsome but.... We can improve our appearances with science but are we losing the intrinsic goodness? Or will this goodness ever keep up with the pace?
With tremendous rise in population, there is a tremendous gap between supply and demand. We are frantically trying to increase the production to meet the rising consumption. However, the consumption seems to be ever rising to meet the production. When developed countries had increased the production, there was a corresponding rise in number of consumers in developing nations. We have witnessed a baby boom in countries like India and China. It was a race between quantities vs. quality. With rise in quantity, the quality is the first casualty. To preserve the quality we will have to curb this tendency to produce more. It is because of this tendency to produce more than necessary the world is bursting at its seams. Produce only as much as we need. Only if we exercise moderation we will be able to preserve the quality of life.
Can those companies exercise moderation when they are out to make profits? They are always looking for new ways to maximise profits, most likely quality will be compromised.
Firstly, I thank you for giving my post a best response vote. I think the government should pay attention to essential commodities. It is seen government borrows money from world bank even to increase the purchasing power of the poor so that the companies, which are producing non-essential products and luxury items too get consumed. This encourages the producers pf non essential items to produce more than the requirement. Government continues to borrow and producers of essential items suffer.
You are welcome, your post deserved that. I think ultimately there will come a time when a balance is needed and will be reached, though the situation then might be in a dire state. For example, we are now depleting the earth resources at a much faster speed than it could regenerate. The whole ecosystem might collapse one day and we will be the one suffering our own wrongdoing.
@CTHanum (8254)
yeah we are losing the naturality.it is normal we must lose something to gain something.it is a win lose game situation.but im not into it as i prefer the normal one.but what can i say.advancements and developments are based on people demands as one person vote for no will not count into it.
We have no say in this win lose situation, we can only accept what is offered in the markets.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi bluemoonpavillion, These are very good questions and I often wonder about these things myself. Certainly the chicken that we eat today isn't the same as it was thirty years ago, nor is any other meat. At the same time people are living longer but I wonder too about longevity if the quality of life is not there. Certainly as you say, we are not getting the intrinsic goodness. Blessings.
As you mentioned, the quality of life is important, we can't control the things available to us in the shops but we can control the state of mind we are in, we can preserve the intrinsic goodness there.
Bluemoonpavilion hi oh I know al these things are happening but still some of my deceased hubby's eternal optimism tells me that now we are really beginning to see we need to save our world from global warming we will really start doing the things we need to do to save our world. Also a lot more people are making gardens and growing their own fruits and vegetables to have good food free from pesticides and hormones. I think we will all rise to the challenge, maybe I am also a cockeyed otimist but better than pessimism. We will see goodness keep up and overcome.
Hatley, we definitely need optimist like you around. I see you have kept your goodness and it's oozing out here *thumbs up*