cucumber water

Cucumber Water - Just try adding a couple of round slices of scrubbed cucumber (not peeled) to a glass pitcher of ice water.
I'm currently addicted to drinking Cucumber Water. It's a calorie-free, cost-free beverage and a refreshing addition to any diet. Just try adding a couple of round slices of scrubbed cucumber (not peeled) to a glass pitcher of ice water. You can refill the pitcher with water again and again for the day but make sure to change the cucumber the next day. Try it yourself and share the heavenly refreshing experience!
@th52096 (469)
Oh? What does it taste like? I find this quite interesting!! Does it taste like cucumbers? ~.~ and like how many slices should I put?
everyday, i'm using one whole cucumber (15-18 slices) and just refill the water as many times as i want..
@th52096 (469)
Oh, alright! Thanks! :D So I searched about this right and I found out some people add lemom slices to the water as well.. Do you?
you can add mint leaves too..but i prefer mine to be cucumber alone..i normally get tongue soars if i'm drinking too much flavored water..
• Brazil
It seems to be an interesting experience, but I really don't like cucumber. Isn't the taste too bad?
@erikmama (12934)
I enjoy eating cucumbers, but I can't see how they would have enough taste to change the falvor of the water...
@dever: i used to not like cucumbers but everyday my mom is serving it on the table so i eventually liked it..try it..who knows right? @erik: it doesn't change the taste of the water that much..but the water will definitely have the smell of the cucumber..
@TexLadyPj (1329)
Herro cleverson99 Have you tried cucumbers with salt or with an Italian or ranch dressing. Any of these techniques make a cucumber more palatable. I like them all three ways. Try and see if you like them. Prosperous mylotting
@TexLadyPj (1329)
Herro carlynganda I never thought of Cucumber Water. I like cucumbers with a little salt on them. I'll have to try it. I also like cucumber and tomato sandwiches. Oh, bell peppers and radishes. I drink a juice I found that has 6grams of sugar. And lots of water. Mmm, speaking of radishes, I'm going to go fix some. Prosperous mylotting
i love cucumber and tomato sandwiches too..but i don't really prefer radishes..they taste odd sometimes unless you will soaked them in water first before eating..
@TexLadyPj (1329)
Herro carlynganda I wonder if soaking them in water would take the hotness out of them. The one's I'm buying now are hot. Tried several packages, all hot. I'll have to try soaking them and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion. Prosperous mylotting
i'm normally seeing my mom soaking radishes in the water to remove the hotness because she knows i won't be able to eat it if she won't do it..i think she's adding a little salt to it too..
@sid556 (31006)
I drink a lot of water and this sounds really good and probably a lot healthier than the crystal lite that I've been adding to my water. I'll let you know how I like it. Thanks, Carlynganda.
i never heard about crystal lite..is that natural? anyways try the cucumber water first and let me know..it's very natural so you have nothing to lose..
@sid556 (31006)
Chrystal Lite is a flavored powder that you mix in your water. It comes in many flavors and is really good. It has no sugar but is sweetened with asperine so I'm sure it isn't really healthy for you.
@cream97 (29169)
Hi, carlynganda. This does look very refreshing! I will have to try this! Do you add any sugar to it?
@cream97 (29169)
By the way, this is the first time that I have heard of this. Thanks for the interesting idea!
i'm not adding any sugar..because it will taste sweet..i like it bland..almost tasteless..try it out..it will not taste that differently from the normal water..
@tomitomi (5441)
Hey carlynganda! This sounds interesting. And I've not thought about that. Refreshing, maybe. But is it really healthy. I'm not really a big fan but wouldn't mind actually. Will check it out. Great! and thanks!
enjoy your cucumber water!
@tomitomi (5441)
Here's to you carlynganda. Cheers!
@erikmama (12934)
I also think this is interesting... I like to eat cucumbers, but I cant see that by just adding them to water it would offer enough taste to make the water have any flavor. Where did you hear about this at?Is there a cucmber taste to the water?Are there health benefits associated with doing it? I use cucmber peels over my eyes...Does this count?
i got the idea from the TV Series - Privileged (CW - 2008)..the main actress usually served cucumber water to the twins that she is tutoring..so i've tried researching about it and cucumber has so many health benefits that it is considered to be one of the most important fraction of food diet as well as skin diet..i've also learned that cucumber is good for the eyes..so including it in your water doesn't change much but only making it easier for the nutrients of cucumber to travel around our body..
@TexLadyPj (1329)
Herro carlynganda I appreciate your additional suggestions. Prosperous mylotting
@TexLadyPj (1329)
Herro carlynganda I really appreciate this conversation. Many people are now aware of the health benefits, our insides and our skin. I saw many suggestions for other ideas. Prosperous mylotting
me too..i didn't really thought that people will be interested since nowadays people are not that concern about their health anymore..i'm glad to have shared something to the mylot community..
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
I have heard about this before, but never tried it, I think I might though, since I am really drinking a lot in the summer, so it would be nice to have a change. Thanks for the tip!
glad to be! and share it to your friends too..share the refreshing feeling..
@geniustiger (1699)
First time to hear this idea, thank for telling on this page. I will try this soon if I can go to the market. What does it taste? It is yummy and like mineral water that tastes sweet? Okay I will try this in my family. What are the advantages and disadvantages in drinking this everyday? Might be it can help our skin smooth and shiny. Stay us healthy and smart always I guess. Let's try and see what's the result and grateful that you share this to us here.
it will not really make the water tastes differently..but slight only..though the water will really smell like cucumber..drinking it everyday will just adds up to your daily healthy diet..and cucumber is good for the skin..so better cleanse yourself from the inside too right? try it out ok? enjoy it with your family..
@cyfernet (2797)
I don't now what a cucumber water means but do want to try it someday. Meanwhile i like drinking coconut water. Tastes good. U must someday visit India as this country has some of the best of best food and beverages which is hard to find elsewhere in any other country except America.
yeah india has lots of spices..i will surely visit india to explore it one day..well i don't normally drinks coconut water because it tends to be sticky..but i like to eat the coconut white itself..anyways try the cucumber water ok..it's good for your health..
@Trimask (28)
• Sweden
Water + cucumber + lime + mint herbs FOR THE WIN, hehe dont add do much herbs though ;)
i prefer mine with cucumber alone..but yeah you can add lime and mint too..
@navonly (901)
hi, This was a very refereshing drink for summers. In this scorching heat this drink can help you keep your throat cool.
yes, definitely! try it out ok?
@dpk262006 (56098)
It appears a novel idea to me and it sounds interesting.. Did you come to know about it form some source? or you are experimenting yourself? How many times do you pour water in the tumbler, containing cucumber?
i got the idea from a 2008 tv series - privileged..check my comment to "erikmama" above..actually you can pour water in it till the cucumber is already losing it's natural color..it will actually look clear..so you'll know when to change it..but for healthy measure..better to change it once a day..not more than that..
@sallyj (1228)
That sounds different. I will soon have my own cucumbers and will try it. I do need a change from coffee.
yup..coffee intake everyday is not really good for us..we better have some alternatives..try it ok?
@Memnon (2173)
That's a new one. I'll give that a try for the summer- which has probably now finished in the UK! I often use pre boiled water with some rosemary for giving rice a light fragrance. Might try that chilled too.
i believe you can drink it anytime of the year..it's actually good to drink while you are studying or doing something that you need to concentrate on..anyways, i've been hearing about rosemary but i never really try it..i guess i will have to try it one of these days..
@CTHanum (8254)
hi carlynganda! this is a good tips.but besides refreshing experience may i know what are the other benefits of cucumber water?i used cucumber as my face scrub for all this while and use it in some cooks yet didn't know about cucumber water.anyway thanks for sharing this!