Can you walk bare foot in your house Or do you need slippers?

I love to walk barefoot in my home. I have to mop the floors all the time for this. But,it is the best feeling for me when I do it. I like the smoothness of the cool floor under my feet. My friend she can't stand it. She is always yelling at her daughter to put something on her feet. I think if she can't stand it does not mean her daughter should suffer. I like slipper when I am going out in the hall to a neighbors house or something. Not for anything else though.
@carmelanirel (21113)
You're friend wouldn't like me then, I love going barefoot and during the summer, I am barefoot most of the time.
I am with you all the way..
My daughter also doesn't like to go around barefoot, but she doesn't complain when I do. Probably because I always have and she knows that is me. I guess I grew up a little wild and hate wearing them when I don't have to..:)
I guess people know when they are young if they like the feel of the floor or not.
@gloryacam (5546)
I used to love walking barefoot when I was young. However, now, I always use slippers. I have recurring dreams where I'm walking and I'd suddenly realize I'm barefoot. When I wake up, I feel bothered. So, I rarely walk barefoot. :)
I hope they are good dreams.
@gloryacam (5546)
Actually they're not. That is why I don't walk barefoot at home anymore, because they remind me of the bad feelings in the dream.
Sorry to hear this. I have a ghost living with me so I think you have it better than me.
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
I love being bare foot on a rug but on a hardwood floor or tile I need slippers. I agree with you if her daughter feels comfortable being barefoot then why force her to wear slippers. That is a stupid thing to be yelling at her daughter for.
I can stand carpet in my house at all. I love to mop way to much for this.
@lelin1123 (15647)
• Puerto Rico
I love carpet but I hate trying to keep it clean. The house that I will hopefully be moving in about two months has not carpets at all. It will be great to clean and keep clean.
@janey72 (41)
I grew up in pretty strict shoes off, slippers on house, so its second nature for me to take my shoes off,sock as well if i am wearing them, and put my slippers on. As a family its something we all do. But when we relax we often kick off our slippers and go barefoot.
This way you track in less dirt that needs to be cleaned up. Good for you I am always mopping here in this house.
If it was possible to go through your entire life without wearing shoes on your feet, then this would be how I would go through my life. That said, when I am not going anywhere, I don't wear anything at all on my feet. I even will walk outside without shoes on. Then, during the summer most of the time when I am leaving the house, I will typically only wear a pair of sandels or a pair of flip flops. I really don't like traditional shoes.
I love when summer time gets here. I wear my flip flops all the time.
I have a sort of phobia of walking around barefoot. I can only really walk barefoot on carpet or like oustide sometimes. I hate to walk across linoleum or the kitchen floor with nothing on my feet. My sister really has it bad. I would prefer socks or footies when in transport by foot. lol.
My daughter loves to wear foot socks all the time as well. I like bare feet best.
@Sharon38 (1921)
• Jamaica
I have carpet in my bedroom so I dont walk with slippers on in it. HOwever I will walk without one in the other rooms because it feels good to me and being a country girl I sometimes walk outside barefeet on the verandah but no further. I am afraid of dog messes. Anyway it also helps one to know if the floor is really clean. I walk barefeet indoors to test the floor when my daughter says she has cleaned the floor.
Hi there sharon,I don't hav eto test the floor with my lazy daughter. She does not mop the floors. If she does I will know she is getting ready to ask me for something. LOL
• Japan
I don't like walking barefoot in my house coz my feet get's dirty. I love wearing my indoor slipper or walk with sock. I barely walk barefoot at home.
I don't want with my white socks on the floor so they don't get dirty. Plus I am always mopping. But with 5 people living here it is hard to clean and keep it this way.
@akopoaysi (740)
i do too!!! i love it!! but my husband hates it... i make excuses sometimes that i lost my indoor slippers... he always tells me to put my slippers around my neck and make it a pendant for my necklace to i wont lose it... LOL! good day to all!!
That would be so funny to see.
@cream97 (29179)
My feet feels so bare walking on the floor. Since I don't have any carpet here, I know that my feet will get dirty with sand particles on them. I usually walk around in walking socks all day. If it is not walking socks then it is, regular walking socks that are old. I have to have something on my feet.
I only wear white socks so I don't walk around in them. I like the bare floor too much.
@VRamone (325)
• Brazil
i dont like walking with slippers hehe,i prefer barefoot or using socks when its cold hehe
@ifa225 (11104)
i walk bare in my house. my floor is clean, i always mop it everyday. so i don't thing i need slipper walking in my house. but i used it if the weather is cold or dirty. it makes me feel comfort
@lilybug (21184)
I have all hardwood floors and I walk around my house barefoot all the time. I actually cannot stand wearing socks or slippers. Even if it is cold in my house I will be barefoot.
@balasri (26577)
I am so used to wearing slippers at home without them I feel so awkward and sensitive. A kine of moon walking.
@SomeCowgirl (32277)
I can wear either or. Where we live now, there's only three floors here that have linoleum, the rest is carpeted. If the floor is cold, we're usually not on it long enough for it to matter, but during the winter we wear the socks with the skid things on the bottom anyway.
@_Honey_ (781)
When I was a kid, I loved walking barefoot in the house. Just like you, I love the cool feeling our tiled floor brings me. LOL. But just like your friend, my dad and mom always told me to wear slippers. I don't if it's true or probably they're just scaring me but the said I'll get big veins on my feet. LOL. Now I'm used to wearing slippers and barely walk barefoot.
@digidogo (447)
I always walk around the house barefooted. We never need slippers. It is because my mom is a cleanaholic. She hates dust and cleans the house like 2 times a week. The house is always clean wherever you look at and is seldom dirty, usually by me or my brother. Well, walking around barefooted is nice although the bad thing is that my toes may hit the corners sometimes, of furniture or the stairs and the feeling really hurts, haha!
@cher913 (25902)
i am canada so it really depends on the weather here. in the summer, sure but in the winter, its too cold to walk barefooted around anywhere!
A few years ago, I used to wash my floors every night, but I became almost compulsive about it, and my knees got calluses, because the only way I could really get them clean was to hand mop it with a rag so I could scrub when needed. I tried the clorox brand like swiffer thing, but didn't like having to buy refills, cleaner refills, and it seemed to only move the dirt around. Now I try to do the floor once a week and spot clean in between times. Yes, I love the feeling of walking around bare-footed on clean floors, and your feet remain clean. A lot of times now, I don't have time to clean the floor every day, so I have compromised. I also got a pair of acorn boot slippers that I love...they have a rubber bottom so you can go outside if needed, but they keep my feet warm and clean. I tend to agree with you. Your friend's daughter should be able to walk around your clean house without shoes, because your floor is clean, unlike most people's homes.
• United Arab Emirates
We need to make it a habit of walking bare foot provided the floor is clean. Walking barefoot is good for healt. There are afew pressure points under our feet which stimulates the body when there is a pressure felt on it.