Yahoo messenger problems, suggest remedy

I use yahoo messenger, version US 10 for chat with my friends worldwide and my brother, elder son and daughter. But I am facing difficulty since last four days. When I opened there was a message about site maintenance of some sort, I don’t remember the exact words. But the problem persists. The letters I type in to the chat window get posted when I press enter, but many times nothing happens. Similarly when I invite webcam, my picture doesn’t appear on screen. When the person invites me to see his cam and I accept it, his cam does not appear. Neither ‘Video call’, nor ‘Voice call’ is possible. I have tried reinstalling several times. But still it fails to work. I emailed to a Professor friend in Philippines, he says, he talked to his friend using Video call, next he gave me his messenger id, when we tried Video call, it was not possible. It seems it is for India only. So I have shifted to Skype for video chat. Do you use yahoo messenger, are you facing any problem? Can you suggest any remedy to rectify this? Please suggest thanks in advance. Professor
@annavi23 (6306)
hi there,prof! i am using yahoo messenger always.but not like you,i haven't experienced such troubles as of now.well,i just used it for chat functions.i seldom use video calls.well,if someone i am talking to have webcam,they can always show their faces to me,but i have no webcam that's why i can't say if i would have problem with it.as far as i'm concerned,i haven't experienced such problems like you are having.
Thanks for response. Welcome always. Cheers. Professor
@annavi23 (6306)
not a problem,prof!
@kodukodu84 (1576)
I used to use yahoo messenger but now not anymore. I use skype everyday to connect with my family. it is very convenient, though it takes a lot of my connection. Why don't you try MSN? that one is good too. another one called TokTok, it is similar to skype, worth to try. I also use Gmail since now video call is available, and it works really good. Happy mylotting
Hello i hear the name Tok Tok for the first time, am aware of gtalk and MSN.. Thanks for sharing. Welcome always. Cheers. Professor
@annavi23 (6306)
i wonder what is Tok Tok,my friend... haven't heard of it eversince.. is that a good IM,my friend?
Hi, The message you are getting is perhaps true. I am also being bombarded with the same message for last few days. Please don't panic. Things will be all right in near future. Until then, please avoid all multi-protocol chat clients like pidgin, digsby etc. Thanks. God bless you
The problem is solved friend.. Thanks . Welcome always. Cheers. Professor
professor It sounds to me like they ,Yahoo messenger, is having problems if they were down for maintenance maybe they ran into some problems that took longer to fix than they thought necessary before and so they are still down. this is weird but I suppose it does happen. I guess my checking yahoo messenger here wouldn't help as the problem is in India? good luck hope it clears up soon so you can use messenger again.
It is working now alright Hatley dear Thanks for response. Welcome always. Cheers. Professor
• Pakistan
Uninstall the yahoo messenger & and download a fresh copy of installer , reinstall it, and also download the latest Adobe Flash player, most of the new messenger need the flash player, all ur problems are just becoz of that missing adobe flash player,
Hello bashir welcome to mylot I have Adobe Flash player, have installed after disinstalling.. Thanks. Cheers. Professor