Noynoy's Cabinet needs Media Seminar

Hello lotters, I should have made this topic a few days ago but i was too damn lazy for the week end. It was aired that two cabinet officials made negative comments on the media when they felt that the media isn't helping in providing the right information to the public. later, it was noted that cabinet officials needed Needed Media Seminar in order to give a good explanation on issues being asked and trained not to get offended I don't know why i don't like but having them to attend this seminar makes me think that they might be trained to LIE about the issues at hand and make excuses like the past cabinet. they should get used as they are the front line for the president, wrong answer then the President is accountable to it What are your views?
@eileenleyva (9371)
If a seminar is being required, it must be something on people relations. Kindness and politeness must be embedded in government officials. But Mike Enriquez said over DZBB that he knows for sure that media people also need such a seminar. They, too, are arrogant, as if they know the ins and outs of media blitz. Give the new admin people time to acclimatize to their new oles.
hEllo hahahaha, you think? i doubt the media will straight up, they would just laughing in their pants if the people think they are gonna take a seminar. their reason is they just asked questions, that's all. maybe the whole network too should have a seminar (most specially the bosses) in terms of FAIR and equal show of journalism. too late for media to cleanse their arrogance, we even have our own paparazzi now so how can they teach media to be polite when they're supposed to be aggressive.. i don't eileen, as far as I am concern those two cabinet members are only being frank. am sure, that would the last one they'd be true to themselves on how the media spice up boring issues. as far am concern, the cabinet members are doing their best.
and i won't apply on that kind of job either
@rsa101 (13337)
Well let us see how this seminar will go on. But I think the new administration is feeling the pressure of how to please the media for now. Before they did not experience this when they were campaigning. I think they are now feeling the same thing that the previous administration endured all throughout their term. I hope the administration would be able to cope and not resort to covering up with the issues but learn to become perfect.
Hello Rsa, i must say, bunch of newbies even though they already have media exposure.probably they are easy fused with questions that are either too bogus or true enough but they were not notified. but in any case, they should take the seminar, it's a good experience. i don't like the media being so so vip and not to be criticized but the government is no match is media twisted it around
@rsa101 (13337)
Yeah some of those that were victimized are really newbies that were just overwhelmed by the media bugging him around. They used to be private citizens but now they maybe could not accept at first that fact for now. That is the reason why they are now attending this seminar to acquaint themselves on how to behave as public servants now than as private citizens.
@webzap (885)
First of, they don't have the experience yet in talking to the media. Imagine they were there just 3-4 days from assuming the job so they were caught off-guard. I think the media seminar that the president is directing them to attend is for them to know how to talk to everybody, not to the media alone but to the citizen as a whole, with persuasion, harmony and a bit of professionalism.
hello there, then the President should also conduct seminar on government employees not to be rude on taxpayers when they pay their due or when some one apply for a passport, NBI clearance, Police and barangay clearance. sometimes i wonder, why do they have to be on the seminar when they are telling the truth, the media is not helping, just spice up issues
@dfhonline (130)
One of the cabinet official actually said that the media is making the matters worst when it comes to the certain issues. And I think that this is what this seminar is going to be about.. to prevent these types of comments slipping out of the cabinet officials lips.. to not make any clashes with the media. Let's face it, media is very powerful. If a media man says this certain mayor is corrupt, at least 30% of viewing public will believe him even if the story is not true.
Well, for one thing that guy was right, the media is making it worse and spice it up when ever the issue is boring and doesn't cause a threat.like the issue of binay and erap, where the media portrays that erap didn't vote for binay as VP but later a photo showed that he didn't. that's what abs is also doing in some boring issues.
@grayxenon (1307)
media men are now spoiled too like cops and politicians, they don't want to get offended on negative comments but they themselves often report side comments that are unnecessary.
well, am sure they're not that trained well to handle the media. am sure they will get along with it sooner or later. they can't have that kind of response again or they will ruin the Presidents reputation.
@damned_dle (3944)
Well it is a showbiz oriented government anyway so they might just as well do it. lol. But I don't think they will be trained to LIE. It 's more likely they will be trained to answer questions without really answering it. Not telling anything doesn't mean you are lying.
Hello idle, that's why i never watch NBN during the time of Gloria Arroyo because it's all about saying things to the media which i know is not really the truth.yeah, they just answer questions for the sake of media recording it but none sure if it's true or not. they're just giving answers but does it helped the public informed about it
@Metatronik (5899)
• Pasay, Philippines
I think they want it to be more professional especially in using their words when it comes to government issues. I don't really think they will trained to lie about issues but they should be more tactful on issues that they are going to report to the public to avoid any misinformations, misinterpretations, and the public would understand more regarding the situations.
hello metatronik, I never saw them in the media public so there's no doubt they lack experience. i am sure they are being honest if they feel irritated too much of the reporters questions.oh, yes they are trained to say something too keep the media calm and yes to say some lies too.
@aguas_aj (501)
I think this is a great step forward by our President. Everyone would want the people representing us to look and talk professionals. Needless to say, every government official should even have at least minimum political training rather than just having a civil service and a family's friend to get you in.
I don't know about Media Seminar, I really don't know that it exist. I thought that all cabinet official knows what they job is and even answering the questions of the media people. This is the only first time I seen a cabinet official very sensitive and not professional. I believe it is part of their job, they have to have answers to the question being asked.Media is very persistent on having the top news so it is their job to ask and ask questions and cabinet official should understand that.
Hello grecy, I didn't think they would need that either since they have already exposed themselves in being on air or television with the media. well, it's the job of the media to asked but sometimes they report as if there's a conflict or something. i noticed in some news they spiced up every thing that is completely boring issue.
@xtedaxcvg (3191)
It's the same thing when you get assigned to a different post or you get promoted. You get to have training or at least get a briefing on what you're up against to make it easier for you to do your job. In this case, it will help ease the tension between the government and the media. After all, we're all longing for a better change, I believe this is a start.
i guess you're right. change can be better or worst, but those two need those seminar. media can dangerous to go against at.
@ebuscat (5949)
for me it is better so that they know how to follow the law.