Food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live?

From the age of flintstones to the age of automated kitchens! Preparing food has become easier and better. Earlier people used to have food on leaves, now we have plates and of different qualities and shapes! Earlier nutrition was nonexistent, now every calorie can be measured! Earlier food presentation was least of the concerns, now food presentation is absolutely necessary! All this and many more, has been possible because of introduction of technology to food preparation. We now have everything in preserved form, powdered form, liquid form and so on! I'd like to know how has this change brought about a change in your lives.
@tomitomi (5441)
From the rice cooker, the blender, the oven, the gas-stove and the ingredients which can be preserved in the fridge, preparing food has never been easier now than the days of our fore fathers. We don't have to wait long while food is being prepared. And that means we can have a little more time with the family or to attend to other matters. With micro-wave cooking, food can also be prepared at work with a microwave oven in the pantry. With that food can still be served fresh at work in case you don't have the time to eat out. Skeptics would say that the taste of some food may be lost through modern cooking methods. While this may be a little true with some Asian cooking I find at home with microwave-cooking it has nevertheless made preparing of food a lot easier and faster.
Very well said. Living life has never been so easy has it!
@tomitomi (5441)
In today's society things have become a lot easier when it comes to food preparation! I wouldn't say that this was a good thing in terms of health. I like the idea of automated kitchens though, things are so convenient and you don't need to spend as much time in the kitchen as you used to! For busy people I guess this is a real gem! I live by myself in any case so I don't like spending too much time in the kitchen! I tend to go for a lot of those ready meals, not healthy I know but very convenient all the same! I think that machines that cook food easier are definitely to my liking! Yes, I'm all for technology when it comes to food preparation. Andrew
Thanks Andrew! Surely all those who live all by themselves would agree with you, including me!!
@jpso138 (7844)
Yes, you are right, food preparation has become easier this days. Its so easy with all the equipments that you have right now. But of course, it also depends on the kind of food that you prepare when you talk about proper nutrition. There are also processed foods that you can easily prepare but they contain preservatives that usually are not good for the body.
@ajadon10 (48)
I cook spaghetti, mami, and other pasta related food more than an hour because of the preparation of ingredients for tossing in and mix them all together. Now I'm done less than an hour. And sometimes minute due to instant mixes. It helped me prepare my food at a minimum time and I can do other stuff. It really cut down time and add more time on other things I can still do.