My God, How Lucky Was I To Have Seen Tina Turner In Her Prime!

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
Yes, folks, I'm in a "Tina Turner" mood today. Sick of listening to rubbish they play next door so decided to play the "Break Every Rule" vinyl LP from 1986! Now I'm playing the more famous "Private Dancer" LP from 1984. What amazing albums! I am so lucky that I saw her - in about 1996..something like that..definitely in the 90s anyway. She did a brilliant rendition of "Goldeneye." Goodness me, I've never heard anything like it before or since. It was at the Sheffield Arena and I was a bit miffed because we weren't allowed to stand up. They did at the front but not at the sides of the arena where we were. Still had a great time though. It really is impossible not to boogie to her "stuff." How about you? Are you a fan? Have you seen her play live? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBTJYnuZOHQ&feature=related Awesome!
@derek_a (10902)
Oh yes, Tina is an amazing artiste. Even when she was with Ike and sang River Deep Mountain High, she was truly amazing. Since then, right up to this day, she is still amazing and I never tire of listening to her or watching her on TV. Awesome is a good word.. As an ex. pro musician myself, I like every type of style of music, and another great artist I believe is Barbra Streisand.. I just love powerful female voices. I was married to a pro. singer for 12 years.. _Derek
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Normally, I'm not that keen on the female voice but Tina is something else, isn't she? Some people reckon she sounds like a bloke but I don't really care about that, she seems to have a huge repertoire of notes she can reach and at the gig she was NEVER out of tune. Totally brilliant the whole way through and the outfits she wore..well, we were up in the Gods and her dresses were full-on bling up there lol. Fabulous shoes too..I could go on and on! Yes, I know what you mean about Babs! Her voice is powerful but mellow..that's my interpretation of it anyhow. There was a song she sang years ago and I can't for the life of me remember it but was it a duet with Kris Kristofferson?
@derek_a (10902)
I just remembered the song that she sang with Kris Kristofferson, then when I came to type it out it had gone completely our of my mind.. I think it was from A Star if Born and I used to have the album, but I don't know where it is now. I've gone a looked for it.. I will remember the minute I give up trying to rembember probably _Derek
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Whatyerlike lol. I might have a look on YouTube later. Search her name, see what comes up, it's bound to be on there somewhere. Thanks for looking too, it's very sweet of you to do that my friend.
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
In her prime? She was something like 57 when she did this. Speaks the person who is only 5 years away from that... I'm not a huge fan, but I like her.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
She was definitely in her 50s when I saw her and she was amazingly energetic..certainly gave her younger dancers onstage the runaround lol. I think she's a Buddhist too, does a lot of that humming before her gigs..allegedly!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yep, she definitely has kept in great shape!
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
She is brilliant and unfortuantely I have never seen her perform in person. Yes, you are very lucky to have had this experience in your lifetime. I just can't believe at her age that she still looks so good and thoses legs have to be one of the best in the business for her age. She will be 71 on November 26th, can you believe it. So that video dated 2006, I believe she is 66 or 67 depending on the time of the year. Outrageous!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
71, wow! I couldn't figure out if the video of Tina was submitted in 2006 or if it was actually filmed in 2006. Anyway, she's obviously looked after herself over the years and that voice is amazing, I love it. When I first bought the LPs my hi-fi system was good but not as good as what I have now, so it was like listening to them "re-born" so to speak when I dug the albums out again today. I often wonder if Lady GaGa will last until she's 70..mm, somehow I doubt it!