Its Happened Again! Why Can't The Summer Go By Without It?

@sulynsi (2837)
I think that in the 8 years we've lived here, every summer, either right at the beginning, or a week or two before school starts, some kid gets killed in an accident! Just yesterday, a pickup truck with three young men, going WAY too fast, missed its turn, barely missed a man cutting his grass and careened into a pole. Two off to hospital, and one dead. 18 years old. Why? For the thrill of it? He only lived around the corner from us. We didn't know him well, but the family is respected. What a wasteful shame!! Condolences to the family.
@greygoo (798)
yikes. that's a creepy place you're living in. if an accident happens every summer, either there's something...really something there, or it's just plainly accident prone. sorry i didn't make any sense.
@sulynsi (2837)
I don't think my area is particularly unusual. A couple of people have mentioned they notice the same phenomena in their area. Being part of a small community, I think it hits home more. I remember a really horrible accident that happened 1000 miles from here, back where I used to live. 7 teens, driving in one car, crossed the centre line, on a hill. About the same time of year. Tragic!
@greygoo (798)
hmm... that accident makes the place even creepier... i guess all i could say is...take care~ hope your family stays safe~
@sulynsi (2837)
the same place creepier even though the second accident happened 1000 miles away!?!? thank you for your kind concern
@lelin1123 (15644)
• Puerto Rico
I agree with you its either young kids driving reckless or its a child drowning in a pool. This happens each and every year without fail. You would think people would learn their lessons and drive carefully and that parents would be more careful when it comes to having a pool in the backyard. People don't learn from the mistakes of others and this is why it continues year after year. Its so shameful.
@sulynsi (2837)
So many situations that don't really have to happen! Pools and equipment stored improperly. I remember, years ago, a young girl who went missing, only to be discovered hours later, trapped in an old fridge on her father's property! How sad!
@sulynsi (2837)
I know, I haven't thought of it for years, but when I do, it brings up such terrible anxiety!
@1hopefulman (31648)
The results of foolishness. Very sad!
@sulynsi (2837)
"Foolishness is tied up in the heart of a boy...." So true, unfortunately. Nice to see you, hopefulman
@1hopefulman (31648)
It's heart-braking to see such young lives snuffed out for no reason.
@Boyetski (989)
Maybe your street or the road were you leave is accident prone because of slick road or something like it. Or maybe if you believe in paranormal, it might be cursed. But for 8 years straight and exact time frame. Maybe it's not for trill but far more un explainable is happening in your town.
@sulynsi (2837)
The road where the incident occured was clear and dry, the visibility excellent. The kids were just goofing around and going too fast, certainly too fast to take a corner. They barely missed a man on a lawn tractor!
@Boyetski (989)
Well maybe the driver fell asleep. Lost the cars break. A lot of mis fortune can come up for an accident to happen. But in you road 8 years and still counting. As you say it always happen, give me the chills. Why not pursue the neigborhood to bless that road. And put some sign there that the road is populated and it accident prone. Maybe it will solve the curse.
@paula27661 (15899)
Young people dying in car accidents happens too much here too, it is such a sad waste of young lives and a lot of the time it is due to stupidity. In Australia people can obtain a driver’s licence at seventeen and in my opinion that is still the age of a child. I don’t know whether it would make a difference if they were to rise the age to twenty one. I feel something has got to be done...It is so very sad...
@skysuccess (8882)
sulynsi, I don't think we can ever have a proper answer or be able to put a stop to these tragedies when people choose to defy the law or proper observance of life. Many a times, we I see a vehicle speed past above the legal speed - I just cannot help but say a quiet prayer that the driver will have a safe journey along with other road users around him/her. I suppose people will just have to live with the consequence they choose and bring upon themselves. Sad as it is but it is always that saying - we should have known better.
@sulynsi (2837)
That is a nice thing to do, prayer I mean. You're right, some innocent person can get hurt too.
I was having this same conversation with my fiance just two nights ago. Here, where I live, every year just before school starts, a high school senior is killed in some way. Usually it is a car accident, but happens in other ways too. Never more than two weeks before school starts. It makes me wonder if there is something more going on.
@sulynsi (2837)
That is so bizarre! I know I'm nervous about it more at this time than any other during the year. One year, we were in September, 1st week, and I heaved a sigh of relief that no family had suffered. Then, boom, a kid was killed in an accident very similar to the one that happened yesterday. 3 boys tearing around on a beautiful day, losing control and smashing their pickup.
@rosepedal64 (4192)
Oh wow what a shame. We always have some kind of accident at the lake. This past weekend a young boy (Child)was swimming at the boat docks and a boat came in and didn't see him. The boy had to be airlifted to hospital. The last I heard he was in serious condition. My question is why was his parents or care giver letting him swim at the boat docks.
@sulynsi (2837)
oh, goodness! THat's awful! Yes the question should be asked, why wasn't there any supervision. I hope the child survived and is ok
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi sulynsi, My condolences to the family as well, it's terrible when any parent has to endure this sort of thing. It seems however that there is little anyone can do to stop it. Young people don't think like those who are middle aged, but in all fairness, many of us didn't either at that age. There appears to be a feeling among many young people that they are invincible, that nothing can possibly happen to them and it doesn't seem to change even after they hear of it happening to others. Blessings.
here where I live someone is always getting killed. That is just a crying out loud shame. A person dying is not easy to deal with. When they are hard at work it is even harder.
• Portugal
sorry for what happened :( i see that in the place you live many accidents happen you should be careful too :( maybe you should try to change place where you live? you seem scared to live there. anyway i think that after all those accidents happen police should pay more attention to your neighboorhood and pay more attention to what people do :(