I Can't Listen To Rap Music

@erikmama (12934)
I am a fan of rap music.It is what I choose to listen to and what I like. So today my son's little friend comes over for the first time.The friend is 8 years old.I had the CD player on low listening to musicv.This little girl told me very firmly she was not allowed to listen to rap music so could I turn this off? I replied to the little girl I was sorry she was not allowed to listen to it, but it is what we listen to here and I would keep listening to my music. Besides,if they had been playing in the bedroom like they were suppose to be shw would not have heard it! I allow my child to listen to rap.He,nor I,are thugs, wanna be thugs, or robbing and shooting people.I have manners and respect,too. So,I am just wondering what you would have done if it had been you the little girl asked to turn the music off?What would have done or said to her?
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I would have told the girl exactly what you told her. That will be the day an 8 year old girl ask me to turn the music off because she is not allowed to listen to it. Who is the adult here and I can't imagine at 8 years old talking to an adult like this. Can you imagine what the kids are going to be like in twenty years.
@erikmama (12934)
No,lelin,I can't.It is going to be horrible because kids today have no home training at all. I was polite to the girl and told her it was my house.I think she was afraifd of getting in trouble because I was playing it, but...don't come to my house! It is my house where I pay the rent and am finally free and able to live, so that's what I am plannin to fo!
i dont know thats a hard one, being me i probably would have turned it off. I listen to everything so it wouldnt be too big of a deal. I can respect a parents decision to not let their child listen to it though. There are a lot of bad messages being passed through rap music.
@erikmama (12934)
That is fine if this girl's parnet d o not allow her to listen to rap.I'm not mad at them.BUT,at my house,where I pay my bills,I willlisten to what I want to listen to .If the little girl thought shw was going to get in trouble then they could have wet outside and played.