Surprise Party - No Longer A Surprise (Annoyed!!!)

@rosie230 (1674)
Good morning fellow My lotters! Well as some of you may know, I have been organising a surprise party for my parents to celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversary. Well... At the weekend, I visited my parents for a lovely BBQ and use of the swimming pool, when my brother rushed out to greet me at the car, to tell me that we were going to have to tell our Mum and Dad about the party because they were organising one themselves!!!! They had just been waiting for the date of my Mum's Hip Operation to come through, which she has now got. Oh, how annoyed was I!!! I know surprise parties can be difficult, but I really wanted them to have it as a surprise. They are happy that we have already organised it, as it has saved them some work, but in my mind it just was not the point. Oh well never mind... as my brother told me, we should look more to the positives about this, like the fact how less stressful it was going to be, and getting everything ready etc. Well, it's ok I guess, I just really wanted it to be a surprise, although really I guess it is a surprise in a way that they now know about it.
ah. rosie. though the surprise element is lost.. the party is on. and, now that it is being planned and paid by your parents.. do you mind inviting all of us? .. I tried to keep away from the party.. as it would have been a burden to your pocket. now, now,.. be a good girl. and help your parents in inviting all those whom you missed to plan, if it were a surprise party. I hope you will let your PARENTS enjoy their time, .. on the Wedding Anniversary, with all your family-support. best times ahead.
@oldchem1 (8144)
Oh yes we should all be invited now - I'll bring a bottle!! (There won't be anything in it but I'll bring a bottle anyway)
oh darling, you are really on your funny-best tonight? .. what might be the reason! .. I will start using this .. bringing the bottle.. joke..; all over the net now!~ ... and, YES. we all should be there at the party. ROSIE will be given the MEDAL for caring a lot for her parents. These days, we are not finding kids with enough enthusiasm to celebrate their parents' birthdays, and wedding days.
@oldchem1 (8144)
I will have to start charging royalties for my jokes
@oldchem1 (8144)
Oh what a shame!! I know just how hard it is organising a surprise party, and how good it is when you pull it off!! I organised one for mu hubby's 60th, our birthdays are the day after each other on 20and 21 December so I told him we were going to a Christmas 'Dinner Dance' at a local club but it was in fact a surprise party I'd organised for him., It took loads of planning and being very devious and I kept thinking something would go wrong! Luckily for me all went great! As you say it will be less pressure but it is still disappointing for you
@rosie230 (1674)
Yeah it is... I told them that as well... I think the thing that annoys me the most is the fact that when I was 15 I managed to pull off a surprise party for their 25th Wedding Anniversary... and I had help organising it with my Grandad RIP... But now at the age of 30... I couldn't pull it off, of course they have both told me that it was a really lovely thing to do, and that are surprised bless them, so it is of in a way, but yeah very disappointing, as I just wanted to do something special for them. Never mind... I still got your list of food, which I have shown my Mum lol... and she says we are going to do most of that, even the new ideas that you gave us which she was impressed with lol. I have to say, Christmas must be a busy time for you, as both you and your husband have birthday's right before it!!! I know how it feels though, because Jason's birthday is on the 20th December. Good for you though in pulling it off, it does take a lot of work... I helped plan my Mum's 60th at their local pub, and I helped my Mum pull off my Dad's 60th too, both were really surprised, and thankfully they both worked! I think the thing that I love most about surprise parties, is surprising people with family members that they do not get to see very much.
@oldchem1 (8144)
Yes Christmas is bad! my daughters is on the 28th too!! February is almost as bad my daughters and my grandsons are on the 16th Feb, nmy son 20th Feb, granddaughter 8th Feb and other granddaughter 25th Feb !!
@rosie230 (1674)
Blimey... you best get saving!!! I am not too bad, Jason's is the only one in December, I have my Mum's at the end of November, and Justin will be 2 in January, then just my Dad in Feb, and I have a break then till July which is my brothers. I would be pulling my hair out if I were in your position with all those birthdays!
@digidogo (446)
Haha, hate that when it happens. Its pretty annoying as you have mentioned in your title when you have planned for something special and that someone or the person has already planned something too. It pretty destroys the real point when you have to tell them what you have been doing. But if it was for a person, the good thing is that you could combine the plans with the other friend to make one bigger surprise with more elements. Your brother is right though, think positive, it is not something to really worry about so have fun on the day and best wishes to your family!
@rosie230 (1674)
Yep, it really is annoying. But it was a surprise to them any way, just an early one LOL... never mind... the best thing is I know that we will all have a nice time together, with the whole family. It's always nice bringing the whole family together for special occasions like this!
@wmraul (2557)
• Bucharest, Romania
Well .. http://five4all.com/img/shhpps.jpg However, all bad turned out to be good,I kow and I understand what you feel, but maybe is better this way. In some way, it was a surprise, while they clearly didn't espected someone to organise that party. And still you have choices to make ome surprises for that party. Think of somethink they always dreamed of .. something they always wanted to have or do and cannot do or have, SPECIALY because they eventually made sacrifices for you, childrens ...
@rosie230 (1674)
LOL!!! Yes it certainly does! But yeah, it is good in a way. It is very hard to know what to buy my parents, or do for my parents. Of course I would love to give them something back for taking care of us, and my first thought was to pay for a holiday for them, but my Dad is a little fussy about holidays, and because he is self-employed it is hard to organise something like that. Oh well, no point moaning about it now, it has happened, and I shall just continue to help get it sorted! Cheers for the response!
@sirrob (4112)
Oh ow, I think I can relate. I was told by my mom last month that my sister and my dad were organizing a so called surprise birthday and anniversary party but one call from one of the supplier ruins everything that they planned. Bad for them for they haven't able to talk with the supplier before hand not to call in the house.
@Celanith (2334)
How nice of you to do that for your parents. My husband and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in April and though our daughter wanted to give us a party her brothers are not getting along and so no help. Maybe in about 5 or 10 years they will be on better terms and we can do something about it then.
Surprise parties are so hard to pull off that I don't see the point in it.
hi rosie oh my the best laid plans of mice and men as the saying goes' but you can make the most of it any way as your brother suggested.Maybe you and your brother or just you can think of one surprise thatwould really surprise them, like something they have always wanted, or someone they have always to meet, or something that they talked about and that would really surprise them so. Maybe if nothing else some of the grand children could put on a little play or something like that to surprise your mom and dad. goodluck and I just know they will love whatever you do.
• United Arab Emirates
thats like my wife..her last birthday...i wanted to arrange a surprise party...she thought i had forgotten her birthday and she went out with her friends. She does not like surprises, she like to make arrangements herself fo the party.