How would you like to wish someone...?

@tomitomi (5441)
Singapore
This was what happened recently over dinner at home. As we gathered to have our food, I whispered something to my son as we had planned. Although it wasn't what we would usually do but it turned out equally pleasant. He left the dining table almost immediately and took him sometime to return. As he closed his eyes and blew the candles a little later tears flowed down his cheeks. "Happy Birthday Alex!" Do you prefer to text, send a card or simply wish him in person?
@common_man (1799)
Hi friend, how I wish will depend on available means and times. The preference for wishing some one happy birthday will be as under , if feasible. 1. In person 2. on phone 3. sending cards 4. sending Text.
@tomitomi (5441)
I agree common_man. It's just as great as wishing on the phone, sending cards and texts as wishing in person. Thank you so much for your kind participation!
its my pleasure.
@tomitomi (5441)
@MrDollars (454)
hmmm I would rather say it to their face. But I would still do all of the above. Text ( if they weren't with me at that time ), make a card and say it to their face. $-MrDollars-$
@tomitomi (5441)
Yes that's nice. So thoughtful of you.
@neildc (16896)
it depends on the location of the person from you and which is available whom you wish to greet. if he lives far from you and you can reach him by phone, you can send a text message or call him to personally greet him. if he is within the community or office, personal greetings is the best. if he is far and you can only reach him through internet, send email message or chat online.
@tomitomi (5441)
Agree with you neil. The thought that drives us to do just that in wishing someone... Thanks for sharing!
@darylT (85)
For persons who are really dear to us, there's no comparison to greeting them in person. but then, if they're miles away, a text or a call would suffice. i've experienced being sung to, by my cousin and sister in law, the former during a telephone greeting, and the latter, from the next room. a text greeting, even if you're together, adds more meaning because it means they're doing the extra effort.
@tomitomi (5441)
I'm sure it has touched you as you have touched us. Thank you so much for your response daryl! Best wishes to you!