What do you need to be happy?

@lacieice (2065)
Fame, fortune, success, love, stability? I've decided I need enough...enough food to not be hungry, enough love to feel cared for, enough money to feel secure, enough attention to not be lonely, enough warmth to not be cold in the winter, enough space to not feel crowded, enough health to be able to do things, enough support from loved ones, and enough freedom to make choices. What about you? What do you need? Would "enough" be enough for you?
@mspitot (3833)
I think it's to have contentment with what you have but it doesn't mean that you should stop aspiring for more. I think to be happy, you should still pursue your dreams in life but at the same time, appreciate what you have.
@lacieice (2065)
Hello mspitot...very nicely said. I think that if you don't appreciate what you do have, it would be very difficult to be happy, don't you think?
@mspitot (3833)
Yes!
@maximax8 (28291)
I have to have good healthy and a lucky time in life in order to be happy. Things in my life have to be going very well. The weather might be sunny and warm. I like to have space and freedom. I like my family members and friends to be well. My top hobby is traveling so I have to be able to travel overseas in order to be happy. I like to have the right amount of good quality food. Having a home I am pleased with makes me feel happy.
@lacieice (2065)
I agree with you. Health for you and your family is very important. Unfortunately, all things in life don't go well, and the weather isn't always sunny and warm, but those things are mostly out of our control. I would love to be able to travel. That, too, would make me happy Thanks!!!
@gicolet (1704)
Enough for my satisfaction, sure...that's a good way to look at it. You pointed out a lot of good things there to think about. For me to be completely happy though is to continue seeing my children safe and secure. As long as they are I have nothing else to worry about. Good post...thanks!
@lacieice (2065)
And thank you for your kind words and for responding. Yes, that would be part of my enough...to see the kids doing well. And I guess I would add the grandchildren, as well.