How would you describe the God?

Latvia
In Christianity, Judaism, Islam there is only one God, in Buddhism there is no God, but is Nirvana, in Hinduism there is many deities and each religion describes his God in different ways. How would you describe your God? Is He like old man with long beard sitting in the heaven and looking over you....or maybe He is all around you - in the nature...? Is He static or active? Does He rewards you for good deeds and punish for bad things that you do?
We can't described him, only feels him. When you're in trouble, that's when you remember Him the most. But anyway, why did God described as a He ??
God is the redeemer, creator, savior, Lords of Lords, Kings of Kings. God descibe himself as "I am who Iam". So many words to describe the majestic supreme being.
• Latvia
I suppose that God is described as a He mostly because of Old Testament story. According it God create a man - Adam, and it was done according His imagine. So lately there was many prophets also men. And maybe this was reason for human to think that He is more masculine than feminine. I think that the Jesus as man also is the reason to think that God too is more man as women. Also in the world are many viewpoints that masculine is more powerful, more intelligent etc. But I think that this view is only subjective, because there is no such proof that we could call God as He. It's only human made interpretation.
@p3ks626 (6550)
God is everything. He is the beginning and the end. He has all the power and he can control everything here on earth. everything that we see here on earth belongs to him , including us. I just know that He is full or love and mercy and that He has a divine plan why we are here and He has a plan for us to be able to go back to Him someday.
• Latvia
Of course God is powerful and everything. How would you according your viewpoint see human free will and action? If God controls everything and man is here because God has made some divine plan for him, then how do human can act by his own will?
@advokatku (4037)
God in Islam, it is not tangible like the one in the minds of humans. There is no one human being has ever seen God, even though the prophet. In many stories hadith and quran, God only confirm that he is most high knowledge, most seen and most heard
• Latvia
But human is tended to make some image of "things" about which he think. So it is very hard to image or better to say to think about God as someone who isn't something concrete. Even in Islam people try to describe their God in some concepts what they have.
@bird123 (10486)
God is not a physical Being. God is spiritual. God is Unconditional Love with an IQ off the scale. God has a hand in things. Much more is going on than you can imagine. Our view from the anthill is narrow. It is all out there to see. Widen you view to start.
@nainesh1 (1657)
I would not say about a religion but I think god has no shape and no face yet he is everywhere in the world nothing can be done without his choice. you can't see god but can feel him like how the small sperm turns in to a human no scientist can do it without help of human body made by god. There are many more things. It depends on your self if you think there is no god then there is not and if you believe god is with me every where then he is.
@satz0249 (125)
actually i dont think god has a shape and name. i believe wat ever things which are useful for us and keeps us going throught our life is due to a unknown force within us.. i believe that force is GOD