Did we install a spoiled brat for a veep?

@eileenleyva (10964)
The talk is on. First the wang-wang. He likes to put the alarm on so he could pass through traffic. Now he likes to have his office an official residence. And he had set his eyes on the Coconut Palace! Someone shouted "a spare tire is just kept in the trunk." Another one retaliated "spoiled brats don't know that!"
Nobody's perfect, I've known already during the elections that despite of binay's track record as mayor (with bribe ones) can't really make the difference. the guy refused other cabinet positions when he was denied to handle DILG, when he said he'll be just the Vice President, what on earth is he gonna do in the next six years? Oh, not to mention he apologize for beating the Red light as it was seen in the news paper, i guess he's gonna get a lot of getting used to. i don't know if this No siren policy will last, because it's going to be a hard start.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Oh but wasn't he send to Sulu for school supply distribution? Or was that on his own volition? Maybe he could be a good intermediary for the government and deal decisively with the rebels. What do you think?
@katkat (2379)
Totally agree with you. In Philippine Constitution VP has no definite "job" but just to be a reserve in case something happens with the president so why would he wants an official resident, it is not also in the constitution as well. He's the only one VP I know who ask for an official resident. If he's planning to run for president in the next election I would surely not vote for him. I didn't even vote him as VP in the recently conducted election cause he didn't even make Makati world class. So many poor residents in Makati. Our president official resident is just Bahay Pangarap while Binay wants Coconut Palace, shame on you Binay.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Makati is indeed a city divided. Your sentiments are not unfounded. Quite valid, I must say. The disparity between the ultra rich and the God=forsaken poor is totally glaring in this city.
@damned_dle (3944)
I totally disagree with that. If he is sincere to his words then what he's doing is good. Yes VP in our country doesn't do anything much but does it have to be that way forever? That is why he wants to change it. He wants a VP to have more responsibilities. Not just for him but also to future VPs. I bet he's even a harder worker than our president. One of the reasons he wants coconut palace particularly is it's accessibility. And it is very accessible, compared to the former VPs office. I know because I've been there before to attend an event. He wants to be a working VP not just a spare tire. So he deserves some special treatment. But if you'll ask me he should just stay in malacanang, noynoy doesn't want it anyway! =)
Maybe Noynoy doesn't want him in Malacanang to avoid mis-confrontations or speculations, you know media always finds a way to spice up things.Malacanang is not accessible because there are a lot of security in there, believe me i've been there, I've been tossed by so many guards when i told them about a seminar that supposed to be held in a hall room. but why not? he could stay in Malacanang. at least they're both near with each other.
@eileenleyva (10964)
Knight, you never fail to make me laugh! You should have given those guards your calling card. They seem to need a seminar about human relations. But hey, how does it feel to be tossed? The rockers love it!