E-Passport for OFWs

Passports can now be processed online. This may entail lesser waiting time compared to the usual processing of passports. I am not comfortable with this e-passporting process for there might be computer hackers who would steal my personal information and get a new passport and eventually use the passport carrying my name for some illegal purposes. What are your thoughts about e-passport?
Your right, some might use other people's name or identity what if a criminal would just renew a passport or use your name and how could they know that the owner of that passport is really a real human being or just a name made by some criminals inorder to get out or escape the country
Nope it's not what you think it is.. E passport is only an application online, the final process is not yet done unless you go to DFA for the scheduled appearance and all. E passport is done through DFA website so in no way can your identity be hacked because it is government protected and is safe.
@strawberrychocodahi......... If you still need to go to DFA for final processing, then the online application is just nothing....... better go directly to the DFA......
Well you can do that also but if you do it online, at least you don't pay for your transportation fee going to DFA just to file an application because they don't entertain you there, you will still need to wait and be scheduled for an appearance.
@melmabb (580)
i Think e-passport is better ,because it has more security seals than the old one,the picture is digitalized and cannot be ripped off,if you remember the used of fake passports, what they used to do is to ripped the photos and insert a new one,and now it is more secured and safe.if you experienced getting a passport the old way, whoaaa i can tell you it is time consuming, i think e-passport processing is very much safer and faster...and comfortable...keep calm,and refrain from watching too much movies....hahaha!!!
I guess my mind is going so far...... You know, technology can do many things........
@defcon505 (921)
Okay I am here in the US right now and my passport expired and I might renew it online. But as you have said there are many unethical hackers out there so I might go take a bus to the Philippine Consulate, maybe 20 miles away from my apartment. This e-passport could lessen waiting time but it could also threaten the security for those applying online. Thanks for this information by the way.
hi dorisday I sure would not take a chance on something like a passport on line. too iffy. I would go to a bona fide shop that sells passports and get mine there. some things may be safe on line but with a passport I feel uneasy too as that's too much information to be waving it around on the net for a hacker to get interested in.