small things that mean a lot...

I am just staying at home all the time now working with my son towards his recovery. I have thought of lots of things that I want to do for people who are in this position. There are some simple, inexpensive things that can be done that really mean a whole lot to someone stuck at home away from the "real world"! Send a postcard, or a simple "thinking of you card." A quick phone call. A gift card (can be used on line or in the store if they get a chance) Go over one evening and watch a movie with them play a board game -- or even an online game with them That's most of what I thought of. Well, then there is also a friend who calls on skype every now and then and we can still "have coffee together" that way! Any more ideas???
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I think in your situation a big puzzle that you can both put together. A puzzle of something you both like or he likes more since he is the patient. It will take a while to do but you can do alittle bit everyday or everynight in between other things that you are both doing together. Just a thought. Good luck to both of you in his recovery.
What a great idea!! As soon as we can really work on the eye hand coordination we may have to do that!
@yugasini (12813)
• Anantapur, India
hi macdingolinger, yes it is most important thing to look after the disabled people,we have to entertain them and feel that they have happy,they should not remember that they are disabled persons,in some way we have to entertain them,we have to make time and sit with them and chit chat with them and doing some indoor games with them,have a nice day
That's true. It is important. For me I know my son can't do a lot, but I am pretty well shut in with him and would enjoy a card or a visit!
@katsmeow1213 (28707)
I'm not exactly homebound, but I am a stay at home mom of 5 and do get bored out of my mind most days.. I'd love to get visits from friends but what I'd love the most is a free babysitter so I can go out and be an adult for awhile. I don't get that very much.
I hear that! I am sure you are busy most of the time and really would appreciate a break! Maybe just going out for a cup of coffee with a friend!!
@Thoroughrob (11771)
Go over and visit, spend the evening and send them out for an hour or so. A phone call, just to let them know you care and so they have someone to talk with. Another thing would be a cert. for a hair appointment or spa treatment, to pamper themselves a bit, while you come and relieve them for a bit. Fix a little meal and take over and share with them. Record a CD with some music, or dvd with something special on it. Most of all don't stay away, because you don't know what to do or say. Ask if there is anything you can do for them. I love it when I know that I have not been forgotten and that people care.