Where we lack?

Friends, when weeding a garden if we chop off the top half of the weed and leave the weed's root in the ground, the weed will soon come back just as it was before. In a similar way the modern day environmentalists have completely missed the boat regarding how to solve the world's environmental problems. Instead of the seeing the root cause of pollution and treating it on that level they waste their time trying to eliminate the symptoms. Such an incomplete approach will never be successful. What needs to now be understood is that the underlying cause of pollution and indeed of all the problems which are plaguing the human society is polluted consciousness. Polluted consciousness is the false conception that I am the proprietor and enjoyer of all I survey. Such a mentality fails to take note of the fact that since we did not create this world, we are not the owners of it. There is someone else who is the creator and proprietor of this world. If we can utilize it in such a way that He is pleased, all the problems of the world will solved, and it will become a pristine paradise. Friends do you agree that, ‘the underlying cause of pollution and indeed of all the problems which are plaguing the human society is polluted consciousnesses? Please share your views and comment on this topic. Professor
@tigeraunt (6331)
dear professor, discipline.. thats the only word i can think of and most people and companies and industrial business minded persons lack. our earth got polluted because the minds were always thinking of pollutants just to be able to move forward in a direction without prioritizing environment. i guess today, thinkers all over the world are becoming aware of biodiversity- the richness of all living systems and the infinitely complex inter dependencies within and between them. the will to have a great earth has to come from each and everyone's heart. have a nice day professor. ann
Hi Anny dear You are right Thanks for sharing your views. Professor. .
@sallyj (1228)
I once commented to the effect that if we all did what we could the problems would not get much worse. But so many live for today not tomorrow.
Hi Thanks for response. Professor. .
hi p rofessor I am guessing some are missing your point, 'which I think I understand is that God created a wonderful world for us and we should be going the things that show him and really ourselves that we respect it .So if we respect 'what he has given us we will take care of it and not do the things that pollute the air and the streams. we will instead take care of ou r rivers and forests, our wildlife and' our birds, if we remember we were given stewardship of'this world and if we remember how much we love this world.
We are grateful to Him to give us shelter here.. Thanks for the nice response. Professor. .
@qianyun6 (2069)
I don't think so. Though subjective correction in humans' concept is important, but without objective action, how can we cure the nature's disease even if everyone is environmentalist?
I shared my feelings friend.. Thanks for response. Professor. .
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
I think that's part of it. I also think that overpopulation, poverty, lack of education and greed are causes.