Have you ever eaten frozen grapes with jello sprinked on them?

My mother made these frozen grape treats. Wash the grapes sprinkle them with jello and put them in the freezer. Besides my teeth getting a shock I enjoyed them. I think it was a nice summer time treat to enjoy. I hope you have more treats to tell me about. I will make these myself with watermelon jello next time.
A favorite summertime treat for me when I was a child was homemade ice pops. We would always use koolaid and put them in Dixie cups with a popsicle stick in the middle and wait for them to freeze. They were always quite delicious to me and they are easy to make. Now that I've got children of my own, I will make these for my children and the other children in the neighborhood to enjoy and it is always a hit when I have a bunch of them made.
How do you get the sticks to stay in the center of the cup? I am thinking foil or plastic wrap which could get messy. This will be one I will try.
@cream97 (29179)
Hi, giftsandbagscom. No. I have never had frozen grapes with jello sprinkled onto them. This sounds very yummy and refreshing! I have put my grapes into the freezer and ate them until they was almost frozen. It is a cold summer treat to eat!
This is something that is really a treat to eat.
@deebomb (15348)
I often freeze grapes but don't put any thing on them. I try to stay away from any thing with sugar in or on it. I don't care for sweet thing any more. I end up buying frozen fruit because my family is slow to eat the fresh and I can't keep up. I like frozen water melon as well as cantaloupe and pineapple. They are all ready sweet with natural sugars. I prefer salt on my melons
I also prefer salt on my watermelon.
i have never actually tried eating grapes this way... i does sound interesting though. i think i just might try it out when i have the chance to one of these days...
Let us know how you liked them.
@luvstochat (6917)
It does sound good I have never frozen grapes before I bet my kids would really like it. My kids like to cut up apples and bananas and then stir cool whip into it. It is a nice healthy treat for them. I am lucky my kids like fruit though they will eat fruit salads all the time which are very healthy yeah.
I am going to make a fruit salad for my daughter this summer. I never did this before.
• Spain
Hiya gifts, That sounds nice but because my Fridge is not working properly I will stick to just buying the grapes and eating them on their own they are delicious. I love watermelon again on its own. However when I get my Fridge a new one will try that out has to be very nice treat.
@p3ks626 (6552)
What do you mean sprinkled? I think it sounds really good sprinkling a generous amount of jello into some fruits. I have tried making some jello like that but not with grapes, with another fruit.
@Theresaaiza (9413)
That looks really tasty and juicy! Perfect for the summer. But it's rainy season here now in the Philippines and cold treats seem to be outdated!
@oldchem1 (8145)
I've never had them with jello on but I always have grapes in the freezer, they are very much like a boiled sweet (candy) and are great when you are dieting!!
@lilybug (21184)
I have put grapes into the freezer for my kids before. They really seem to enjoy them. I have never thought to put jello on them though. I might have to try that one on them sometime. The like those yogurt tubes popped in the freezer too.
@sallyj (1228)
Oh my that sounds good. I will have to try it soon, as i have a hard time deciding on what to fix for meals and snacks. Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for something easy, as I am not a very good cook. Ours is usually raw fruit. My husband does not eat watermelon though. I even like frozen blue berries or cherries.
• Marion, Kansas
I have eaten frozen grapes but not with jello on them. I bet it was good. It sounds like a great combination and very cooling in the heat.
@Shellyann36 (5222)
I have had frozen grapes before. They are a great treat in the hot summertime. I have never tried them with the jello sprinkled on top though. I will have to give that a try. I think they make a great snack for kids and adults alike. Very simple and healthy all at the same time. Thanks for reminding me of this delicious snack giftsandbagscom!
@nijolechu (1846)
I never had grapes frozen with jello sprinkled on them. But it does sound really delicious to eat. Sometimes my family would make jello with little bits of fruit in them and they would be good to eat too. Frozen fruits and other treats are very delicious on a hot summer day.
@coffeeshot (3789)
That certainly sounds interesting. I would try it with vegan jello. I imagine it would feel like the grapes were popping in your mouth. It would be a great summer time treat. When I was a kid, my neighbour would always make me 'sugar boats'. This involved a piece of lettuce sprinkled with sugar. It was surprisingly delicious but I guess very bad for our teeth! Also remembering back to when I was a kid, whenever I would go to Grandma's house and mum wasn't there, she would let me lick sugar off the sugar bowl lid! How disgusting..but I remembered how much I loved to do it. I guess it was kind of like an addiction for me. I always loved going to visit Grandma!
@suehan1 (4357)
They sound good, you could use any type of fruit with the jelly and have them in the fridge for a snack. I often cut up oranges and have them in the freezer and pull them out on a hot day for the kids to suck on, much like a frozen fruit juice. I also like to make up panna cote's and have them in the fridge as a snack.