Laundry Basket..Can't Afford One. I Use Something Else Instead..

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
..and that is..the Ottoman. I think that's what it's called anyway. They are designed to run along the foot of the bed but ours is against the wall. I learned early on in my relationship with John that he had this annoying habit of leaving both dirty and clean clothes on the floor. I also noticed that he didn't have a laundry basket even though there is plenty of room for a large one in the bathroom. "Compromise" I thought. The Ottoman is never used for storing anything so what better alternative use could it have than for our dirty laundry? "Bingo!" Have you done this..or something similar? It can be anything related to storage. I mean, we have a Quality Street Family-Sized tin which we now use for storing sweets...not full to the brim you understand. Haha!
oh yea.whatever resembles a box and is near after my brother does his wash,because otherwise it will remain in the machine all week. and he has a hamper.guess why he doesn't use it. it's full of laundry! hang that crap up,you lazy sloutch!god,why do they do that?
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I've no idea! My hubby does have his "can't be ar*ed moments as in leaving his dirty washing on the floor instead of stepping over to the ottoman thingy about 3 feet away. I mean, how lazy is that? He can't use the excuse that he's a teenager anymore either! I blame his parents (as I do for lots of things) lol.
i wish i could blame the folks. unfortunetly,it's just him. you should see what he does to the food counter.aaaaaaaaaaand this would be why he's a batchelor LOL
@stealthy (8188)
I don't use a laundary basket. I have a laundary bag that I have had for a very long time and I put my dirty white things in there. Other things like shirts and jeans, etc. I just hang separately in the closet until it is time to wash them since they are done separetly anyway. Oh, the laundary bag has something on the side; it says "if this bag moves, shoot it" and has a drawing of a revolver.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Thanks for sharing that with us my friend. I've never heard of a bag with a slogan written on it before..but it sounds cool!
I just have a little space left over in my closet next to a box and I just toss my clothes there till they need washing. I would love to have a ottoman in my room.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Believe me, our Ottoman isn't posh or anything...far from it! Because it's so old it's ideal for placing dirty clothes in there as opposed to storage for clean duvet covers.
@dawnald (84147)
• Shingle Springs, California
I am too literal minded. I like using things for the purpose intended. And every bedroom in the house has its very own laundry basket. Not that that prevents clothing from being tossed on the floor now and then.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
That's very sensible Dawn! How I'd love a 50 litre laundry bin from Brabantia with a cotton lining. That's a long way off but I can dream!
@oldchem1 (8144)
Gosh an Ottoman - that takes me back!! When I got engaged my mum bought be an Ottoman - that was my 'bottom drawer' all the bits I bought I put in the Ottoman. We bought our house twelve months before we were getting married as it needed a lot of work doing in it. As soon as our bedroom was finished the Ottoman travelled to our new house and was the first piece of furniture we had for a while. That Ottoman ( after some mending and recovering) lived in my bedroom for 34 years before I moved when it made it's final trip to the skip!! In it's life it held my sheets, my spare curtains, my fabric and the fancy dress costumes that I made my daughters!!