Color preference changes over time

When I was little, my favorite color was orange... I had clothes, toys and favorite nicknacks that I'd carry around adorned in orange. I ended up changing my favorite color to pink when I got a bit older... was into clothes like really hard.. I decided that pink was the best color on me.. and brought out the red in my complexion from having Cherokee blood. Have you had the same favorite color all your life?? Or have you changed many times?? What determined favorite color??
@ET28LV (1895)
• Latvia
Hello! It happens to all people when I was small kid my favourite color was green I do not wear a green clothes I wear only green t-shirts I use a green color in my art lessons and everywhere where It was needed. Then I grow up I like a orange color I like to wear orange clothes and use orange color in the art lessons. But, now in my teenagers time I better prefer red color. When I was smaller I can imagine that boys will wear pink clothes, but know I too wear a pink t-shirts or some props. The time goes and we grow up or toughts change It is only normal. Take care, Have a nice day!
Wow, green to orange to red.. you may have many color transitions yet!! Thanks for sharing!!
@ET28LV (1895)
• Latvia
This colors is go and go like years. Your Welcome!
@CTHanum (8254)
i have the same favorite colors since i was a kid.white,blue and black are my favorite colors an i used to have clothes in those colors till my family said its kinda boring when i come up and dress the same color of shirts everyday.since then i will make sure i have clothes in various colors but still these three colors are my favorites.
You are the first person that I can say ever said that to me. Such a transition in age usually changes minor things as our favorites such as colors. But, those are beautiful colors. Black is very slimming... white not so much, but beautiful all the same. Thanks for your comment!!
@Canellita (12058)
That's funny, isn't it? But then all preferences for all things change as you get older and are exposed to more and more things. My favorite color as an adult is green, though most people guess blue because it is the color I wear most often.
That's cool!! People mistake my favorite color, too. But now I wear pink the most since it's hot. My closet is adorned in pink, white and black. I never knew what changed my favorite color from orange to pink... it just seemed to happen. I still like orange.. just not nearly as much. Thanks for your comment!!
@jerikjames (1045)
Wow that's interesting. Come to think of it, my color preferences really changed. Thanks for pointing that out. I mean, when I was a kid, I use to like the colors green and blue. When you see my closet before, you'll see that a lot of my clothes are either colored green or blue. Of course I have a shirt or two of different colors. Now that I'm 22, I found myself liking black more and more. You'll rarely see a shirt with a color in my wardrobe. I guess I like showing off my very fair complexion. =)
You know what,... I think that I like the color black too.. it is beautiful especially when mixed with gray or white. I never have met a person yet that can say they've had the same favorite color all their life lol. Thanks for sharing!!
@twoey68 (13651)
I've actually never had a favorite color...I love them all. As I've gotten older that hasn't changed. I still like them all and can't just stick by one. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
Wow... I can't say I've ever heard that before either.. There's no color at all that you favor over another??? Thanks for your comment!!
@twoey68 (13651)
Nope...though I will say that my preferences usually match my mood...that's to say that if I'm depressed I lean more towards black and dark blue colors and when I'm happy it's more yellows and pinks. I just don't have one that I like all the time. I guess I'm a little odd that way :) [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
That's funny! Because most of the time I can say I do the same. My closet is color-coded... so all of my pink clothes are with pink.. all different shades.. and so on and so forth. I find it so easy to be like yay.. I'm happy today and grab a yellow shirt lol.
@febrigas (362)
Yes indeed sometimes preference change with age. But my favorite colors from the first has not changed, those are still blue and black. :D
Those are nice colors that blend with anything. Thanks for sharing!!
I haven't had many different colors but when I was younger my favorite color was light blue later it became hot pink and to this day it's still hot pink =]
Lol they are both very pretty colors. I like pink too!! Thanks for sharing!!
@tinym8 (403)
Hi Mrscallands, When I was little I loved red and didn't like yellow. I wouldn't even use the yellow crayon (except to draw the sun) when I used a coloring book or made a drawing. When I was a teenager I still loved the color red. When I became an adult (not sure when the change was) it changed to pink. Now pink is my favorite color and has been for many years now. I don't know why the change occurred, but it is interesting that it did.
It is quite interesting to switch favorites... especially if it had been your favorite for quite some time. The question we may ask is... What changes in it?? or more specifically What changes in us?? It is something I guess a specialist or someone that may be familiar with changes like these may have the best answer. I love pink now, too. I've always liked pink in a way... but it wasn't my favorite. Now it is lol. Thanks for sharing your views!!
In my case, I liked the color yellow as a kid. I like it vibrant summery color. Then my favorite color changed to blue. Then it became pink when I got a little older (during my teens). Now, I like green. All in all, I like all the colors..hahaha :D
And you know what?? There's NOTHING wrong with that. My sister likes all the colors too and dresses dependent on her mood... something like a mood ring lol. Thanks for sharing!!
@cream97 (29166)
Hi, mrscallands22. My favorite color was pink when I was younger. Now, I love many colors. I love all colors. If I could wear any color everyday, I would. My mom loved dressing me and my sister in pink and hot pink. I thought that this was a very beautiful combination.
I think that pink is beautiful, but I try not to dress my daughter in too much pink. I dress her in red, orange, blue and sometimes black LOL as an 18 month old.. but she is always jiggy lol. I think that a lot of women love pink because it's just such a feminine color. Thanks for sharing!!
@sender621 (14956)
When i was a child i loved yellow. My teenaged years brought my favorite colors to pink and purple. Now as an adult, they have changed again. Now i love the color red! The years do bring color changes!
I love pink too and purple is beginning to grow on me lol. I had hated it because of Barney and Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies and how everyone alienated purple as a gay color or a fruity color... when years and YEARS ago.. royalty wore royal blue.. which is more close to purple than blue.. I guess everyone else's colors changed, too! LOL Thanks for sharing!!
@gunagohan (3415)
My favorite colors are green and yellow...i liked it very much...i purchase all of my things in green and yellow.. I never changed my favorite color since my childhood.. Yellow has been throughout my life...Green for peace... I have more shirts in green and yellow.. i show my passion to the world with these colors..
Hmm.. that is an interesting concept. I never thought that would be a calming combination but I actually remember those were my elementary school colors back when they were the Gators lol. Thanks so much for sharing that!!