Would you feel comfortable pressing charges on someones child?

I am going to have to press charges being I am getting fed up. I find these kids now a days are just rude and will not stop. I am feeling like it should not come to where I want to press charges either. But,I won't stop till I feel safe walking the streets with my daughter.
Sometimes this is the wake up call that the child's parent needs to realize they must take a more active role in their child's life. It is a shame that it has to come to this but protecting your child and yourself should be your first priority. Hopefully a good scare by a judge will set things straight and you will not have to deal with this again. Make sure your daughter understands the severity of the situation so that she does not accidently egg it on more. You know how teens are with regards of trying to pass the blame. Always want to say that someone else started it and they were just trying to finish it.
I got in my daughters azz yesterday about this mess. I told her she could shut her big fat mouth and leave things alone. That these girls are out for blood and they know they have to come hard because my daughter can fight. I saw her for the first time a few weeks ago. I was told by many that my daughter fights hard well I know now first hand. She goes back and forth with them on face book and that makes it worse.
@lilybug (21182)
I have never felt t he need to press charges on someone else's child before, but guess whether or not I would feel bad about it or not would depend on the situation. You need to do what you feel is the right thing to do and not feel bad about it.
@sid556 (31018)
gifts, How old are these kids and exactly what are they doing? In answer to your question...If a kid was doing something that was bothering me or my family then I would not feel guilty about pressing charges at all. I would first try to talk to the parents of the kid. If that got me nowhere then I would go for pressing charges maybe depending on what they were doing. Parents are responsible for kids under 18 so the way I see it, if the parents won't listen to me then they might if the men in blue come rapping at their door.
Someone on facebook threatened to put led in my daughters head and put her to bed for good. bragged about knowing my building and apartment number. Saying they can't wait to see how I feel. and so on.
They may be around 15 0r so
@sid556 (31018)
With a threat like that then I would not waste time but I would go right to the police and show them the threat. Odds are it is just some kid trying to sound all tough but then again, you hear about these things on the news all the time. I wouldn't hesitate and I would not feel bad at all.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi gifts, How old are these kids and what are they doing to get you all so worked up? In answer to your question...yes, I would be fine with pressing charges on someones child if they were acting out to the point that I felt there was nothing I could do to stop their behavior on my own. I would first confront the kids. If that didn't work then I would try to talk to the parents. You and your daughter have a right to feel save walking the street. Parents are responsible for their kids and if it came to that point then maybe a knock on the door from the men in blue would be the wake-up call they need!
@sid556 (31018)
oops....I posted twice. Sorry for that. it didn't look as if my first one went thru.
I don't care who the person is. If they do something wrong, they need to pay the consequences.
This makes me feel better about things. Thanks
@cream97 (29175)
I, as a mother, would not want to press charges. But, if this child is old enough to know better, then I will have to do what I feel is right for my own child as a mother. The parents of this child needs to be aware that their child is doing something that they have no business doing. Their parents really need to know how bad their child is being to another child.
From everything that you've shared about what has been going on with your daughter, I think that to press charges on the individuals that are giving her a hard time is what you need to do. I think that there are times that not only youth, but also the parents of these youth need to realize that there are consequences to the actions that we take part in. If they have a reality check now, there is a chance that they will behave more responsibly in the future.
@syankee525 (6298)
if its the same kids. then you have to do what you have to do. everyone should feel safe walking the streets. and if they dont stop then i would file a protect oder against them so if they get within so many feet from you and your daughter then they can be lock up