A 17 year contract? That is crazy!

I could not believe one player in the National Hockey League was trying to get a 17 year deal signed! I don't recall the player and team but my God that is unheard of! I am just glad the contract was denied by the NHL commissioner! Contracts are just getting crazy and larger all the time!
@ram_cv (16516)
Wow!! In fact I think it would have just been wonderful for the player. I do not think the NHL commissioner should have anything to do with it. It is free market and people have the right to sign contracts of whatever length they choose as long as there is not exploitation!! Cheers! Ram
I will never except players with outragous salaries! A-Rod is a great example! No athletic is worth that much! So many players are greedy and selfish! They don't deserve that money!
@ram_cv (16516)
If you feel so strongly about A-Rod, what do you have to say about LeBron James :) Cheers! Ram
i would have to disagree because just like everyone else they are trying to secure their future for them and their family, if a team is willing to sign a contract that is the teams issue and they should be smart enogh to figure if it is worth their time.
I didn't look at the 17 year contract like that. I don't like and never will like to see hugh salaries of pro athletics! Especially the players how don't play up to the level they can! I am not a fan of most baseball players! A-Rod is #1 on my list! I think he is greedy and selfish! I think A-Rod doesn't deserve that salary! No athletic does!
I had the opposite reaction. Do you mean there is a hockey player who wants to remain with a team for 17 years straight? Fantastic! These days you have to relearn who is on your team because Every star sems to move every other year. I love that when I started watching there were stars that reamined with their teams. Stevie Y will Always be a Red Wing. He wasn't like Hossa.What the salaries are doesn't bother me. I rather they pay the players to play their bst than have someonr else pay them to throw games.
That surprised me that some player would stay with a team his whole team! After I did this discussion I realized what is the salary cap going to be like in 17 years? Would it affect the salary or not? I am sure someone else will try to sign another player,hockey or in another sport, like this 17 year contract. I think it is only the beginning.