Laser hair removal

Friends, men and women want to look their best and there is a great demand for hair removal using lasers. Laser hair removal is a long term solution with no side effects and best results. Laser hair removal has been used as a cosmetic treatment since the past decade with increasing popularity. It works for all areas of the body like the face, chin, arms, or even the whole body. The treatment is spread over a few weeks or months, depending on the amount of hair removal required. The doctor holds the laser beam of the requisite intensity for a specified duration. This exposure destroys hair follicles and retards or eliminates hair growth, without harming the healthy skin cells. The doctor uses a protective gel at the tip of the machine so as not to harm the skin under treatment. The duration of laser depends on the area of the body. Laser hair removal shows best results on individuals with fair skin and darker hair. Some people may need to repeat the laser hair removal process after a few years in case the hair grows back. When opting for laser treatment always choose a skilled doctor with the requisite training and experience. Discuss the pros and cons of the treatment, including side -effects, skin sensitivity, the precautions to be taken during and after laser hair removal. Tell the doctor about skin allergies, the medication being taken or other medical conditions, to avoid any ill -effects of the laser treatment. Usually the person must avoid exposure to the sun during the course of treatment as this can result in sunburn. Avoid use of cosmetics and creams over the treated area as it can irritate the skin. Do not wash the treated area forcefully as the skin is tender. Do not undertake rigorous exercise as the perspiration can aggravate the pain in the treated area. Advantages of Laser Hair Removal, * Laser hair removal is painless and bloodless. * Laser treatment is safe for sensitive areas near the eyes and mouth. * Laser hair removal gives smooth skin and enhances the beauty of the person. * The treatment is quick and more effective than any other method of hair removal like shaving or waxing. Disadvantages of laser hair removal * The laser treatment is expensive, so not everyone can afford it. * Some people with very sensitive skin may develop skin darkening that disappears within a few hours. * In rare cases there maybe crust formation that subsides with application of moisturizer. * If adequate care is not taken to cover the eyes, the person's vision may be affected due to the intense laser beam. * It can result in migraines in some sensitive individuals. * Some persons may experience a tingling sensation that subsides with time. * There may be new hair growth in some individuals. * Laser hair removal is not very effective on gray or blonde hair. People with skin infections, diabetes or cancer must consult their doctor before opting for laser treatment. Laser hair removal is also not advisable for pregnant women and those below seventeen years. Friends, do you or any member of your family have tried this? Laser hair removal has many advantages and disadvantages. Hence use this new age treatment with caution and care. Do you find this information useful? Please share your views? How do you remove the unwanted hair on your body?Professor
@daliaj (5689)
It is useful. Thank you for provididing a detailed information about hair removal using laser. I have heard about that, but I have never tried. I don't know anybody who has ever done that. But, I am sure that many people have tried it. I haven't thought about that seriously yet because I know that it is expensive. I don't have much money now to give it a try. I am also a little scared about the after effects of it. It is something that is against the natural feature of human beings. I feel laser usage for removing hair may lead to some diseases. So, I don't want to take the risk. I will be intersted to meet with some people who have done this and I may try if the treatment might have worked out well with some people. It is a lot of pain to shave personal parts. It consumes some of your daily time.
Hi dalij Thanks for response and sharing your views. God bless you friend, cheers. Professor. .
@rameshchow (5284)
Information is very useful sir, and i think it is not popular in india, some of the natural ways they are following.......
Son of a Professor friend has opened a parlor here, he gives this therapy, but very few costumers.. Thanks for response. God bless you friend, cheers. Professor. .
@tigeraunt (6331)
hello professor, asians usually have less unwanted hairs. i understand women who undergo this treatment are having the most problematic hair growth like moustache on women, rough hair on the legs, and some likes bald armpits and they want those bushes to come off. but laser is not always safe. i have read of a filipino who had it on the legs and she sued the doctor because the laser burned her two leg instead of just taking off the hairs. thank you for this discussion. ann
Hi Anny dear, is that true? This technique might not suit all.. Thanks for the information in this response. God bless you friend, cheers. Professor. .
hi professor yes this is excellent information as many mylotters may opt to use this. But its really pretty expensive for people likemyself on a very limited budget. I have found in the later years of my life the the hair on my legs and arms is vertually not there.What hairs I do'have are fine and blonde.As I am a diabetic of many years I will not at my senior age use the laser treatments for hair removal as what little I have is not really that visible. As a young woman I just shaved my legs and armpits but in my seventies and now in my eighties I have hardly any 'hair and its just not visible. so need for doing anything to it.,
Thanks for sharing your views Hatley dear. God bless you friend, cheers. Professor. .