Which car is Better to use Diesel or Petrol?!?!?!

Friend, one of my relative is intend to take car so can you suggest me which car is better to take? It should be good in Milage as well as it should be good in Pick up. Coming to Milage its some what difficult for me to select in between Diesel car and Petrol car. So which one you suggest Diesel or Petrol?
@elsoft12 (1825)
If you are travelling more than 50 kms a day.Then diesel should be the choice.If not go for Petrol car.Petrol engines tend perform relatively better (even now),though diesel engines are far better than they used to be few years back.If its for using as a taxi,then go for diesel.For personal use,with daily running of less than 50 km,you can definitely go for petrol car.
Friend as of now k i can go for petrol but friend some times i need to go far distance like 200 to 300KM then? Why not petrol cars are good to go for a long drive? I am some what confused from this response.
@elsoft12 (1825)
Well,I dont mean you cant go for a long drive on a petrol car.I mean to indicate the car usage.If you use 200 - 300 kms(or even more) once in a while,thats fine.If you are travel long distances regularly,then I would recommend a diesel car.Hope I made myself clear.
Yup friend thank you.
As your question is a general question which based on the word "better" with no other specific option unless for Diesel or Petrol version of engine. So, in my opinion, it's now totally depends on the type of use. Your decision making now will be based on these two questions; heavy duty use or passenger use. If your answer is for daily heavy duty use, you have to use Diesel version type of engine and shouldn't for Petrol. In term of fuel mileage, other aspect should be taken into account which is the engine cubic capacity (c.c) value of the engine because it's related to the fuel price per liter or per gallon. The larger the c.c., the larger its fuel consumption. But, in term of follow up or scheduled maintenance Diesel version type of engine is much better compare to petrol. Diesel version type of engine uses less wire harness in its engine system, especially, the ignition system where nozzle is used to send the fuel into engine's combustion chamber which no need power cable to initiate the burning process. It make uses combustion chamber compression to ignite the burning process from the flywheel which is connected to the starter motor then the flywheel will rotate the engine crankshaft connecting rod piston generates compression to cause burning. Whereas, Petrol version of engine uses spark plug to get it ignites and for sure it needs power cable for spark plug to initiate the "firing" burning process in engine combustion chamber.
I am really glad to see your response where you have explained everything. and i want to take car for my own use means my relative is taking car then next year i am also intend to take a car so want to know more about this and you explained everything. I am very much happy about your response. Thank you very much.