Have you ever seen a great discussion....

Australia
& wished you had come up with the idea? We all post great discussions (they wouldn't be great if they weren't posted) but have you ever seen a really good discussion & thought why didn't I think of that first? Then later on, you see it in the mylot digest as a top discussion? i have seen a few discussions by some great mylotters & have thought "I had a similar idea, why didn't I start that discussion!" I am happy for the people who have started these discussions but do get cranky at myself for not starting one on the idea that I had. How about you?
I too had 72 responses to a topic and countless comments but one needs to pick wheat from chaff and look at the responses that are worth putting up in a frame. I would urge you not to look at the number of responses but the quality thereof. There are some topics that do not call for lengthy discussions and yet there are others that are filled with hogwash kind of responses to say the least going at a tangent away from the topic altogether. Perhaps you are enamoured by these responses which are ok to count and that's about all. And finally I am sure you know that it is your work here that earns you your star, points and cents and not what others contribute.
I agree with you totally...I too have had a discussion with about 90 responses over a silly topic like how many tvs in your house...it wasn't started to get on the popular list, I was just curious as I had quite a few in my house at the time.
My topic was on a serious subject and I did get some very good responses which I am sure helped many users with their perspective vis-a-vis their conduct here.
Hey, I remember that discussion!