My computer is being hacked into

I had hp do a check on my computer last night. It was cool watching them take contorl of my computer too. But what was sad was all the things that someone was doing on my computer to hack into it. It showed the dates and times. he even found something called malware on it. I have to send it in to be fixed being he tried all he could last night. So Now I hav eto go another nine days without being on mylot. I am using wifi and he said this may be how the person is hacking inot my computer. So I will be looking inot getting the internet service once I move out. Now I hav eto buy an anti virus this friday for my computer. I forgot to ask if this will stop the hacker from getting in. Please let me know and do you think norton is a good company? I like the price it is affordable to me. Thanks
@damned_dle (3944)
I'm using AVG and Malwarebytes. Both have free versions, but you can also opt for the PRO versions. I am using PRO and haven't had any problem. I don't know how effective norton is now, they are like a thing of the past. =)
Could you tell me where to find these at. I could use them till I buy one this weekend to protect myself. Thanks very much.
For our computer we've been using Microsoft Security Essentials and also Malware Bytes. Both of these are free and they have been working really well for our computer. I have the MSE set to do a scan once a week and if my computer starts acting weird before the week is over, I will do extra scans. I don't use MalWare Bytes all the time, only when there is something going on with my computer. Since I've installed these, there hasn't been anything that I haven't been able to fix myself.
Lol I'd be really really worried if I were you, but Norton is good.
Firstly try to insert a strong password. According to me Norton is not good because it slows down the computer speed. You should get a copy of AVG or KASPERSKY.
@cream97 (29169)
I think that Norton Antivirus is great. I have McAfee Security Protection on this laptop. I have had malware on my computer too. I hope that you get the Virus software downloaded onto this computer so that the hackers will be less able to attack your computer.
@skysuccess (8882)
giftsandbagscom, I would recommend BitDefender since you are going to pay for it. Being that I use the computer for both work and games I find it value for money. Besides, it is also being reviewed as one of the best by Top 10 Reviews. (Please check link below) Hope this will be of help. Ref: http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/