My boss having a bad mood, and affecting everyone at work

As I posted before, some people might easily get grumpy during the hot summer day. At my part - time work, my boss was getting grumpy and grumpier during the weekend. He didn't speak to anyone, and just giving a face to everyone. People who work around him also keep their mouth shut, and no one dare to speak loudly, except serving the customers. When mistakes were made, his employees also getting grumpy, and start blaming on each other. So, like other people's cliche, when you closed to a person with negative thought, you also get negative thought yourself too. It is contagious, isn't it?
@laniekins (4585)
When our boss is in a bad mood, we all shut our mouth up not because its contagious but because she will definitely put a fire in the office. She yells at anyone if you have mistake even a little details. Our office is harmonious and happy, we work so well and we even laugh at the mistake that we did, we help each other in our work. So sad that our operations manager is not as happy person, always serious about her work. She has a German blood that is why she acts that way. When she's angry she's like a dragon who puts fire. It makes me laugh when my co-worker told us that she always make a sign of a cross whenever she will enter our boss room even if she will only give a piece of paper. That's how scary my boss is. There even an instance that she was calling each one of us for a certain issues in the intercom and the one who answer the phone scared, she told us that the boss is shouting in her room and starting to blame anyone who is responsible for that mistake. That room is a hell.
make extra efforts to make room out of hell.. Happy MyLooting dear Friend, Lanie... thats the beauty of work with boss, becomes colorful at times.....
@laniekins (4585)
Hi dweebs, we just sometimes laugh in the office if we were scolded by her, she really bring colors and fire in the office.
@cher913 (25895)
it is really contagious. especially when they yell at someone and that someone then turns around and yells at someone else. its like a domino effect.
I agreed. As a leader, emotional problem can be contagious at work. People look after him would feel scared, and turn around, affecting other workers too. So, emotional temper should not be brought to work.
@gloryacam (5546)
Yes, it is contagious. In those instances, it is best to be as far as possible from the negative person. It is a good thing, though, that your boss was keeping his mouth shut and just making faces. When my boss is in a foul mood, he bullies everyone, shouting at any one making the slightest mistake and pretty much ruining every one else's mood. I suggest, be as far away as possible, before you catch the negative energy!
@o0jopak0o (6408)
well i had a encounter with something like that and its gets the jobs/work slower when especially you have to go thru him to get something done. we can always tell if he is in a bad mood when he is always frowning and his voice is one pitch higher than the usual. what we do is just wait for his time off/work off so we could progress a lot faster.
• Jamaica
I find being around negative people drains me of energy, always seeing the worst in every thing they see, never giving the benefit of doubt to any person or situation. To me they are a type of person to avoid its almost as if they transmit their misery into Your very soul so You become just like them, a joyless kill joy draining. So if you ask me negativity is contagious.