Are fleas/ticks dangerous for people?

Mauritius
i recently found ticks in my dog.i would like to known if it is dangerous for us.the treatement for my dog is still going and my dog spends most of his time in the house.
@inu1711 (5288)
Fleas are not dangerous for people unless they are ingested. If ingested, they can cause a tapeworms infestation. A dog could ingest them while grooming herself, but for a human this is unlikely to happen. Ticks, on the other hand, can be dangerous for humans. They can carry diseases like Lyme disease, tularemia, anaplasmosis, Ehrlichiosis, Babesiosis and there are a few more. I had a friend who gets Erlichiosis from a tick. She felt bad for more than two months, because nobody knew what is the source of her symptoms. When they finaly found out the source, with the right treatment she got well in a week or so.
• Mauritius
thank you inu,i am still treating my dog but i am afraid to use sprays to kill them.my dog runs away the moment he sees me coming with the spray and i fear that this might affect his skin.i love my dog and i don't want him to suffer.
• Mauritius
@inu1711 (5288)
I know what you are talking about, sweetneelu. My first dog, Nera, used to be afraid of the spray, too. That's why I treated her only with spot-on products. Take care with those pests on your dog. Here, in my coutry, there are tick populations that carries Babesiosis - a highly lethal disease if not treated immediately.
@Suzieqmom (2763)
If you live in an area with lots of deer, you are risk of getting Lyme disease from deer ticks. Other ticks carry other diseases. It is important to identify what type of tick your dog is carrying--the deer tick is much smaller than other types of ticks and much harder to spot. And untreated Lyme disease is very serious, and can even be fatal. Many towns provide free or low-cost Lyme disease testing on ticks if you submit them for analysis. Bigger ticks can carry diseases, too--I know someone who contracted Rocky Mountain spotted fever from a tick even though we live in the northeastern US. Any tick bite can be serious, so I would try preventative measures with your dog.
@kristinad (185)
yes ticks can be dangerous they can carry lime diseases and other diseases.
@bkrm_gupt (220)
Ya ticks are the leading carriers of diseases to human ,so it is dangerous.For that prevention is better than cure.
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
Ticks can be, but fleas are not, even though they can be annoying. Ticks is not good though, so make sure you get all of them off your dog as soon as you can!