When do you plan to start Christmas shopping?

Christmas - Have a happy holiday
I don't think I can shop this year. I am moving and catching up on my bills and having to pay extra money for water and heat. I am going to get my daughter and davon something and that is it.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, To tell you the truth I have not given it a thought yet I really have´nt you have just reminded me. On the whole I never usually buy presents for Christmas until the week is really up on me. I love buying presents but I love to take my time and save all I can. Besides we have extra time here with the Celebrations going on much longer so I have time to do and get things. They are not big presents but I get them with a lot of ilusion for me and for them.
I would like to save something for black Friday But I know I can't afford it.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya gifts, You will have money wait and see it´s just a question of not always thinking about what you have´nt got in that moment. Hark at me talking eh? But I find that it works for me to think about something else more positive and it really is hard because we have been trained to think otherwise. Anyway what is "Black Friday" I have never heard of that one before. Today I was thinking I can´t afford it and yet I have gone a bought a new Bedspread not an expensive one it was only 20 Euros bout 18 Dollars in your currency I think. I thought what the heck I am buying it and so I did and it fits the bed a treat too. The next time it´s going to be another Blanket and another Bedspread but better quality than this one. I have become a bit more daring moneywise so I try not to think about what I have´nt got takes practice lots of practice.
Black friday is the day where all things like big electronic are on sale and people go crazy. A few years back a man was killed on black friday being they trampled all over him to get in the store. I need a camera so bad too. I am trying to think positive thoughts but,like you said I am use to thinking this way. Thanks
@AutumnGold (1062)
Hello Gifts. Oh please, Christmas shopping is the last thing on my mind, I'm enjoying summer far too much to even start thinking abour Depressing December :) I'll probably start my shopping around late November but I won't be going mad, just presents for close family because I can't afford to buy for everyone, it's just too much to spend. I always make sure the kids get something then as far as the adults go it's just the closest relations who I buy for, we usually have a party at New Year and everyone gets invited so no one is left out :)
Thats good to hear. I will cook this year since I will be a while away from my mother. I am not going to visit anyone for Christmas it will be too cold to wait on the train.
Christmas is a horrible time for travelling, especially on public transport because the services are so limited and people have to wait ages in the cold and wet. I'm happy to just stay at home and cook for my family :)
I was was ivited to my friends house in another state for Christmas. I would love to go but 16 hours on a bus boy that is long.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I usually start in October. This year like you I'm also moving and paying off my credit card bills. So I will be only buying for my granddaughter, my two daughters and my boyfriend. I have stopped going crazy for Christmas the last couple of years. Its just to much to deal with and then to get in debt all over again, no way.
You know just how I feel for sure. I am making my last credit card payment next month and what a blessing that will be for me.
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I know what you mean I can't wait to get rid of my bills and I won't be using them again.
@cream97 (29175)
Hi, giftsandbagscom. I plan to get my family some things for Christmas. I can't afford to get other family members and friends anything. I may just give the majority of them, a Christmas card. And if they don't like it, then, so what. And A Merry Christmas all of them..
@cream97 (29175)
If I do any Christmas shopping, it is going to be late October and early November when I do anything.
I am moving in October so I cna't buy anything that month. I will just pay off my finger hut account so I can use that to buy my dining table. Christmas gifts will be waiting till I earn money in Nov..
Last year I started at the beginning of the year (well sort of). I always just shopped sales and clearance through out the year and by the time Christmas came I only had spent a couple hundred dollars for gifts for my family and my extended family (my cousins and their kids, aunts and uncles). This year though I really do not have much money so I probably will not get any gifts or I will have to be very creative and make what I can, and spend as little as possible on the rest. And I will only be giving to my immediate family (parents, siblings, and grandmother).
I will not be making anything this year. even though I would love to make candles. I should try this once I move.
@ElicBxn (60142)
I'm almost done...
That is great for you.
@Porcospino (16434)
• Denmark
I am going return from my trip in the middle of October, and I will probably start thinking about christmas shopping in November. I haven't thought about money for christmas presents yet, first of all I have to pay for my dental treatment and for my trip. If my husband and I find another apartment or another house, we will also need money for that. I am probably not going to buy a lot of presents this year, but I always buy presents for my husband, my parents, my brother and a few close friends.
You sound like me having to move and other things. I hope all goes well for you two.
As soon as I have the money! At the moment we are still saving up for those sort of stuff. I like to get one expensive thing for everybody in my family.
I wish I could save some money around here. Your gifts must be nice too.
I try to pick up small things when I find them on sale. I will make adjustments to what I am buying based on if I can find an extra gift or two to put away for the holidays. Spending a little here and there is so much easier than trying to go out and buy all at once. If I had to wait to do my shopping I would probably go nuts and not worry about buying half the people on my list something.
A few years back I was able to shop this way. When my daughter was young this is how I shopped. My friend and I would go thrift store shopping and come home wash and press the clothing and box it up like new. The kids loved their new clothing as well.
• Jamaica
i usually start in late november
That is when I will buy what ever I will buy my daughter.
@bubulizzz (507)
• Latvia
This year I think I will not start Christmas shopping, because of financial lack. In the past Christmas I was able to by only some clothes for my daughter, but this year seems more worser.
I know just what you mean. Join the club.
@Comagirl (146)
• Spain
It looks from your username that you have access to creative giftware, whether you make it or source it elsewhere... I am sure family and friends will appreciate any kind of gifts, the thought is more important than the pricetag. And the fact that you are thinking about this in July shows lots of concern for those you care about!
Last year I used my accounts to buy my entire family nice gifts. I mean pricy gifts at that. I was left with having to pay all that off after Christmas. I can't do it another year. I hav ebeen taken out of the spirit for the past few years. My daughter is always upset with me about my buying gifts and such.
• Marion, Kansas
I have picked up one or two small things, but right now have no income, so we will have to see what happens. If I find a marvelous perfect bargain, I will get it as I can. I have things to make as well.
I want to try my very best to make my daughter a one of a kind book bag. that is what she would like for sure. Until then I will not be shopping.
Hi! For myself??? Lol... I don't know, times are a bit hard this days. Just like you, bills are all lined up waiting to be paid. I'm thinking of cutting my phone already, anyway I still have my cell. Our TV time is also limited since we are cutting back in our electric bill. But, I hope all of us can save a few money to buy our loved ones something special this Christmas. Have a good day!
I already gave up the cable and the house phone. The cell phones are only on due to me having a 2 year contract on them. Or this would be gone as well.
@pastigger (618)
This year I just started actually. I have somethings in mind for my daughter. She is 3 and getting really fun to shop for. I just found a coupon for 40% off a couple of toys I was looking at. So from now until Christmas I will buy a thing here or there. I am also collecting up my amazon gift cards from diffrent sites and I hope to be able to get her big gift with that. I have also found a few little things for stocking stuffers too. With the rest of the family we usually draw names so I will have to wait for that. And I still have to figure out something for my husband. I usually make some baked goods for other family members that is what they want. For my dad I usually make him a triple batch of Chili. It is crazy but that is what he likes! I try to spread it out so I am not stressed at the end. I hope to find a few more good coupons along the way. I watch for store clearence items also. I also use craigslist for some items. I am excited for this year because last year she kind of got it but this year I think she will really get it and be excited even more.
Those were the good days when I shopped for my daughter as well. The bratz and barbies were her thing. Now she is 16 so I have to buy her an electronic for once.
@jillhill (37354)
I start with the end of season's sales right after Christmas and store it until the next year. I have ornaments that I bought for everyone for the outsides of their packages and towels etc for the girls. I give everyone a gift card but a little something with it...
Gift cards are nice as well. I like towels very much too. I need to buy my daughter her own set being she uses one everyday.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
My husband and I still have to talk about it, it all depends on what we are going to do for Christmas as we won't be here. I've mentioned giving his parents money as that is who we are going off with, if we give them a little money it will help pay for the costs of the trip. As for a gift for me, I think I might just tell my husband not to bother buying me anything, and save the money, or buy me something at wherever we end up going to vacation. Last year I think we started in October? I am not quite sure to be honest. We don't normally spend for all that many people, last year we were able to spend more because I had a job, but this year he is the only one working. It seems like the past ten years gift giving has just gone down, it used to be my family would buy atleast two or three gifts a person, but now we don't even exchange gifts, we just get things for the kids.
@Bd200789 (2994)
I probably won't start shopping until October or November. I know a few people who have already started shopping for Christmas, but I can't see starting that early.