calling all computer geeks!!!

@sconibear (8010)
I'm pretty good at taking care of my computer. I keep all the bugs and baddies away.....and by doing research, I can usually fix my computers settings and keep it happy. The problem is, I know there's little things that are probably not quite right, and I'm no computer tech.......I don't like messing with things I know nothing about. Now I know there's diagnostic software (SANDRA lite, etc) out there that tells us what these little problems are, deep within the brains of our computers, and they tell us what to do to correct the problem... The only thing is, is like I said, I'M NOT A COMPUTER TECH......so usually I don't know what the heck they're talking about! To me it looks like this: [b]Problem: quadrant xj14489521 BUSS connector ram z26H1TSPQQ sham a ram a ding dong Z21489. Solution: jiggle the Y chromosome boot strap at the intersected connection between sector MRQ338472 and WTFareyoutalkingabout 4485210000078912 k.[/b] Anyways, what I'd like to know is there any diagnostic software that finds the problem and FIXES IT?.......or at least explain it in regular human language? If not.........can one of you hurry up and invent something? BTW....I'm not talking talking about general all-in-one utilities/cleaners/registry repairers like Advanced System Care or anything like that......I've got plenty of that stuff.........I've got so many bells and whistles I'm thinking of starting a marching band. I really like SANDRA lite.....it gets into all the nooks and crannies, and gives you possible solutions to problems you didn't know you had........I just wish I knew what they were talking about half the time.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I have the answer. buy a new computer... Geek Squad
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
But so much for recycling...
@sconibear (8010)
Always the big help dawn..... I don't need a new computer....this one's still going. We paid $50 for it over 3 years ago and it works just fine........I just want to keep it that way. I would miss my little Frankenstein computer.
@sconibear (8010)
Here's the real problem........when I was a kid, my dad would always fiddle with the knobs on the TV......even though there was NOTHING wrong with the picture, he always had to mess with the color, the contrast, etc.............I've turned out to be that man. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my computer......it runs great for a $50 computer.......I just always think I can make it better.
@ShepherdSpy (8562)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
Sorry,though I have to consider myself to be a 'nethead,I'm not THAT geeky about computers to be able to follow system errors or to do something that would be helpful in those situations! I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't Broke,DON'T FIX IT!"
@sconibear (8010)
Yeah.....I was told that before........I guess I'm just a tinkerer.
Take it from me, the best way to clean your computer is to reformated your harddrive. alot of what slows down your computer is viruses, poor hardware and overheating hardwear. the cooler you keep your gear the faster it runs. overclocking your computer really speeds things up just make sure you keep your temperatures below 45 i prefer
One Program you should buy or Download from a bit torrent is Tuneup Utilities. This cleans out your comp from all errors,and optimizes your computer. I have this on my computer and it asks the same the first time I bought it. That was 3 years ago.
@damned_dle (3944)
no. those are codes. they need it to identify the problem fast.