I don't want to hear about it!

@ElicBxn (60895)
Don't EVEN bother to respond to my discussions if its just to tell you HATE science fiction! I can see SO far! I can see someone (probably female) on an Interstellar cruiser saying to her friend: "Oh, I just don't like that Science Fiction nonsense, it's all pretend anyway." Well, I'm SORRY! But what we are doing today, here on mylot, was science fiction 40 years ago, and honestly, they thought we might have flying cars before we got INSTANT electronic communication! So, I don't WANT to HEAR you don't like science fiction - you are LIVING it! Is this a discussion? NO! THIS is MY RANT!!!
hi ElicBxn then you are with me when I got so mad when some friends said that the space flights to the moon were not real but just staged. I mean these people had watched all the news on television and still maintained it was a hoax. Say what? Yes a person coming here from one hundred years ago would be scared silly by all our many electronic advances even to the ever present cell phones. So we are in a way living out what was science fiction a hundred years ago.I am a great lover of science fiction myself and I am a woman.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I had those soap opera, afternoon martini types - we don't have them as much now, but they do exist...
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Why would I lie like that anyway?
@ElicBxn (60895)
you aren't one of the guilty ones, hun... I really like the person who does this, but DARN it when she does!
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
Didn't think I was since Science Fiction is practically all I read! :D
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
Flying cars are still to expensive. They do exists. I want one.
@ElicBxn (60895)
yeah, but there aren't many, and eventually we'll have to get ground control to direct us...
@max1950 (2313)
cats sux, and science isn't real !! only kidding, calm down you'll pop a blood vessel, i love science fiction, and the flying car is here im happy to say, and not at a bad price either. are you kidding me im still amazed at the a.t.m. put in a card and pull out cash, priceless. i remember back in the 50's all the inventions they said would happen that are here now, a little late but their here, everyday something new or upgraded on the tip of a pin, outstanding.
@ElicBxn (60895)
oh, this actually started with my other discussion, and I could just see certain "friends" coming back with "I don't like that stuff" I hate those, when I'm not interested in a subject, I just go on, I don't get why they feel obligated to try and SPOIL the fun! Just gets my fur up the wrong way, made me mad, and I decided rather than add that to that discussion, I'd make it its OWN discussion. Any good RANT deserves its place!
@nanajanet (4436)
Some idiot actually wrote that to you? I cannot believe the degree of lunacy in some people. Fiction is fun. If they do not want fun, then lock themselves in a closet and hide from the world. Do they never read, watch tv or movies, etc? If so, is it all the Bible, which BTW, has a lot of fiction in it, too. UGH
@ElicBxn (60895)
no, its the SCIENCE fiction they have a problem with - they don't have a problem with novels, romances, historical (I guess) its when all that human trouble takes place in the future or on another planet or whatever they have the problem
@Suke002 (311)
Woah! calm down. I'm a girl and I think science fiction is cool. lol and your right we are practically living it. So calm down. lol ;)
@ElicBxn (60895)
I just get SO fed up with some of my friends who respond, only to say "oh, I don't like that stuff" and they are OLD enough to know better! Jules Verne was science fiction in his day (besides writing a ripping good story) but most of its now science fact!
@GDTimothy (446)
Mark me down as one vote for rant. :-) BUT, it's still a good observation! I'm a science nut from waaaay back, and a science fiction nut too. And I agree 100% that only a few short years ago, this would all be waaaay out science fiction! We have personal computers now that are literally thousands of times more powerful than the supercomputers of just 30 years ago! I can remember when I couldn't imagine why someone would ever need a computer with more than 500 megabytes of disk storage. Well, we've come a loooong way, Baby!
@ElicBxn (60895)
really! My roomie has about 5.5 terabytes on hers (with the externals...)
• Israel
When I bought my first computer they told me I'd never need or fill up all 20 megabytes. LOL Yea. This was before Windows. It took about 1 year for programs to grow and I had to choose between Windows or Word Perfect. Both couldn't fit.
@Loverbear (4928)
I love science fiction!!! Forty years ago who would have thought that we could communicate by telephone while we are traveling in our car. That we would have our own personal computers that didn't require a huge building cooled to a certain temperature. That we could go through scanners that would take images of what is going on inside our bodies. That sound waves could make our aches and pains feel better. There are so many advancements caused by "science fiction" that the meat heads who critisize us sci fi lovers don't ever think about. They are just too busy thumbing their noses about science fiction to "think" about what the imaginations of the science fiction writers have created in the minds of the inventors. As far as I am concerned, HURRAY FOR SCIENCE FICTION!!!
@ElicBxn (60895)
That's right! its always fun to point out to the nay-sayers about what they enjoy being first visualized by SF!
If people were to look at history, they would realize this, but they do not do that. Da Vinci had inventions that would have been science fiction but actually became routine parts of our lives. It is more like "scientific possibilities". I would never join a discussion just to tell someone I did not like what they like.
@ElicBxn (60895)
really, and those who think that science fiction won't become science fact are possibly backing the wrong horse...
@BarBaraPrz (20728)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Right on! So much of what we have today was first thought of by a science fiction writer long before it became fact.
@ElicBxn (60895)
that is so true!!
@commanderxo (1496)
All thumbs up on your rant. I'm right there with you on this one. Science "fiction", will inevitably become science FACT, sooner or later. And at the rate we're going...it's more than likely to become, sooner! cdrxo
@ElicBxn (60895)
Isn't that the truth! There are times when I just want to shake people when they dis SF like - WHERE would you be without computers, microchips? CD's!!!
...the wheel...
@Maggiepie (7821)
Og: What you do, Bog? Bog: Work on idea...dream last night, round thing like this rock, rolling. Saw way to make easy carrying mammoth back to cave. Need several rocks. Could use help...? Og: What?? Me? You make joke. That dumb. You always getting "dreams" & "ideas." What for? Uh...what that log for? Bog: It go through rocks after holes finished. Og: You really dumb! What good is? Better go hunt, or chase woman! Og go now. Can't waste time on dumb story. Bog: You go do. I stay here make round things for mammoth carry thing. Yeah...this conversation is probably that old... Maggiepie "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
@scififan43 (2440)
I am still waiting for my flying car too. but spending a good deal of net will do just nicley thank you. yes we are living that scifi future. I do not hate sci-fi, I love sci-fi as my user name suggest. lol.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I just got so tired of one friend who would pop into one of my sf discussions and only say something like "I don't like science fiction" well, then go away, don't BOTHER to respond or I'll start "-" marking when you do that! that's "padding" her responses, and that's against the rules!
ok I see, why she wanted to do that is beyond me.
that reminds me of a younger friend of mine-they see old star trek in a different light than we do-they have tabletop computers and cells which are more or less like communicators..and clip on pagers..so they get bored because it doesn't seem very futuristic to them. they'll never give us flying cars.that would bring DUI's to a whole new level.
@ElicBxn (60895)
ain't that the truth - maybe all cars would have those breathalyzers then? not starting if the breath and maybe even DNA isn't correct for the assigned owner/pilot...
they'd have to do something like that-or limit flying vehicles to emergency/police or something..
@Lakota12 (42684)
Think I was ten wehn I always thought we would get to other planents and see things on radio that turned into TV. also thought about seeing a person you were talking to on the phone well now we have webcam!
@ElicBxn (60895)
I never really thought we'd get to other planets in my lifetime, and I saw the first camera phone at, I think, Hemisfair in San Antonio, tho it could've been the World's Fair in 1964, I think, in New York... to many sleeps ago
@Lakota12 (42684)
nope never got to those places just was in my head and my dreams a way of thinking I did.