What do I want for my Birthday?

Well another gift giving day and I still don't have an answer to give my hubby. I know the type of things I want and like. But I have to be realistic as we can't afford any significant expense for just me. There are bills to pay... and school registration fees next week. So the only thing I could come up with is a date night as we have not had one in 2 yrs and we need some alone time. Though I know my hubby is always annoyed that I don't want anything fancy like before we had kids, but it's just not realistic especially on a smaller income w/ kids (& kids who don't leave anything alone no less!). Trust me I've got "champaign dreams" but we have a "beer budget" if that now days. So what did you reply the last time your spouse asked you what you wanted for your birthday?
@dragon54u (31605)
You're lucky! Mine rarely asked me because all through our 19 years of marriage he rarely remembered my birthday, even when he had a PDA and later a computer reminder program he didn't bother. When he was reminded of it he always came through with a nice gift but it meant nothing to me because he couldn't be bothered to remember the date. I think what you requested is a wonderful gift! It's something you'll remember and enjoy for years, unlike anything material. I hope he gives it to you and that you both have a great time! Why do so many men think only expensive gifts matter?
It's me that wants the expensive gifts! But that's because I figure I go without so he & the kids can get what they need, it's my turn to get something nice KWIM?
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Snugglebunnies, I think the idea of a date nigth with your hubby is a great one but he does also want you to be able to unwrap a gift too, so there must be something like your favourite perfume or a favourite bodylotion he could also buy you. Love the budget description lol but true with many these days. I haven't a partner but one of my daughters has already started asking ideas for Christmas and I have four lovely pictures that I would like frames for but never buy as I always buy the needs not wants, I am about to decorate my bedroom and these pictures will look lovely in there once it is finished so I am going to give her the measurements an colour schemeand then she can supriseme with her choice of frame. Huggles. Havea wonderful birthday :) Ellie :D
Yes of course I have a favorite perfume, however,.,,,, it doesn't mean the girls will leave it alone. They don't understand boundaries on other peoples property & it's just plain so therefore I don't ask cause I won't get to use it We totally need a date night just some time to even do the simplest things in a relationship like holding hands I dunno bout wonderful playing referee all day with the kids, hubby has to work later.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
I said "No you already got me something." and he didn't get me anything else. My husband knows what I like, so usually it's "I already know what I am getting you for your birthday" instead of "What do you want?"
My hubby knows what I want but many of my wants are out of reach. And with the way my children behave I can't ask for anything expensive or breakable. I was collecting crystal figurines and porcelain dolls before the kids were born can't anymore had to put everything away or so out of reach I can't enjoy them either.
The last thing i said was i want a time card for world of warcraft haha. thats all i wanted. think about how much time the average wow player invests into the game.. thats well worth a $35 dollar time card !
Yeah I suppose so, I hear it's expensive and addicting.
@nthomas (43)
Wow... You are so luckt that you've got a hubby who asks you what you want for b'day.. I'm sure many wouldn't have that... Date night is a superb idea... May be you guys can enjoy a movie and then a dinner. For birthday, I can think of gifts like a brand new dress, watch, perfume or something which you badly need. I remember I got a scrapbook once as a gift... Checkout your favorite thing. :) And b'day wishes to you...
i will enjoy and celeberate with my wife and children ,i want to enjoy every bit of life,thx for sharing
@deve_annrn (1857)
a simple date will do just like when we were still on the early days of our relationship..sort of rekindling the old loving and sweet moments... may it be a formal dinner date or a random date where you go out and still undecided where to go as long as you're having fun..maybe watch some romantic comedies or going to the beach just the two of you and watch the sunset together...=) doesn't need to be expensive yet romantic..=)
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I usually have a good long list of inexpensive things I could use.. and none of it is something most people want as gifts.. but since I spend all my money on my kids (and still can't get them everything they need and want) that means all my needs and wants are rarely met. I ask for things like work out clothes, everyday clothes, cooking utensils or dishes, slippers... anything like that. I'm really not hard to please and there's thousands of things I need or could use. I'm not at all difficult to buy for. Thankfully neither is my husband. He always needs new work pants, pajamas, boxers.. and he usually gets all of those each holiday along with some other stuff.
hi 3SnuggleBunnies well I replied when asked about a gift, you never'bring me flowers. So hubby got the wheelbarrow and walked off. He came back grining with a barrow full of white Shasta daisies all ready to be planted. then he planted them in our front yard for me. He said don't ever say I did not bring you flowers. Then he made me come with him, and took me out to dinner.Order whatever you want,he said so I had a steak with all the trimmings. then three waitresses came bearing a large cake and ice cream for two, rocky road my favorite., they set the food down on the table then sang happy birthday to me. I was so surprised I was crying and my hubby wanted to know what made me sad, I said no I am surprised and happy, and love this all. thanks so muuch.everyone in the restaurant clapped. it was indeed a wonderful Birthday for me.