Jennifer Lopez as the new Judge on American Idol

I just read an article on Yahoo that says J-Lo is in talks of taking Ellen's place on Idol. Do you think this is a better fit for the show? What kind of judge do you think Jenny from the block will be? They said she was a mentor one season, but I don't remember that time. Does anyone else? Did she do a good job as a mentor? My favorite mentors were Jaimie Fox, Harry Connick Jr. and (surprisingly) Adam Lambert.
@sender621 (14956)
I think Jennifer Lopez is a perfect choice as ellen's replacement on American idol. Jennifer would give such energy to the show that has been missing since paula and simon left. i never really saw Ellen as an American idol judge. I think the show will prosper with jennifer on board as a judge.
I hope you are right. Idol needs some energy :)
Jennifer Lopez would be fine I guess. I even heard they were also thinking of Jessica Simpson, now that's just wrong. seriously. sigh, I wish Simon and Randy and Paula would still be the judges, they were really really great.
Please not Jessica Simpson. I cannot see her on the judging panel.
@bslovers (57)
This past season wasn't very good at all so I don't really know this will hurt the show or make it any better to be honest...
I wonder if anything will help the show now
I think in a way American Idol is falling apart.. They had a good group of judges; Paula, Simon and Randy. Now they keep changing the judges every season and lost Simon and Paula. I think Jenifer Lopez would be a bit of a better option than Ellen because she has had somewhat of a singing career. Ellen was nice, and funny and everything, and I love her show, but this season of American Idol had the lowest ratings ever.
That is true, their ratings plummeted this past season. I wonder how they are going to do this season.