I have to cook my ribs on top of the stove or in the crock pot.

I just realized I have no foil to put on top of the pan. I will cook it on top of the stove or in my crock pot.. I need you to tell me which one and do I add water to the pot as well. Right now it is seasoning till you come by thanks.
@deebomb (15323)
I would opt for the crock pot. Cooking your ribs in it will have the meat falling of the bones. Depending on what kind of seasoning you use should dictate whether you put any water in the pot. if it is dry seasoning then just enough water barely cover the bottom of the pot because you will have either broth or juice from the ribs them selves. The crock pot will save the kitchen from getting hot too.
Thanks very much. This is just what I needed to know. I always wanted my meet to fall off the bone. Now I will always cook them in the crok pot. Have a great day!
@deebomb (15323)
Thanks for the BR. I love cooking with my crockpot. I don't have to stand over it it. I do have a tendency to over cook my beans in it though.
I don't use mine and was going to give it away. I am so glad I did not. I am almost done with the ribs. They are nice and they made it's own juice like you said. The seasoning went through the meat as well. I can't wait to cook something else in it. And your so right the house is not hot from me coooking that goodness. I will use this more when I move too. Thanks
@sulsisels (1685)
HiGandB I'll share with you a little secret that I do with this pan I have that has no cover. If I'm out of tin foil, I take a sheet pan and cover the pan with that. It works perfectly and if you don't need the pan covered all the way, just pull the sheet pan back a little to release steam or to create less heat inside. Don't know what kind of pan you're you're using but this trick should work for most. Hope this helps for nest time.
@sulsisels (1685)
G&B Remember that while crock pot cooking is great for certain things, the oven can also make meat fall off bones. The trick is low and slow. Low heat for a long time produces the same result as a crock pot. When in culinary school, we used the "low and slow" method for so many different things and it always produced a great result. Dont throw your crockpot away!!! If you want I can give you some links for some great crock pot sites loaded with interesting recipes, a lot of which I have tried and recommend. Let me know if you're interested.
@cream97 (29168)
It is better to cook the ribs into a pot and let it boil thoroughly. And if you are making barbecued ribs then you can, bake them into the oven. But since you don't have any foil, how would you like to eat ribs broiled? I know that I love them this way. Also do you have a baking pan that has a top on it? You could still bake your ribs this way, if you are putting barbecue sauce on it.