How old was your child when you stopped having birthday parties?

I think kk was about 13 when she had her last party in Miami. I moved to Ny and we have been broke paying more bills. I want so bad to give her a party next year. i think we all would like to have one for our birthday no matter how old we get. I will be 41 in September. I will be moving in my new apartment October 1st. So I will be all packed up. I might have something for myself when I move. No invites just the family I live with and some snacks,cake,and koolaid to drink. I will work on this for sure.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I told my oldest that his last "friend" party would be when he's 10.. because it was getting too difficult to afford. After his 10th birthday we just did family parties.. just mom, dad, and his siblings. I would have done the same with all my kids, unfortunately the twins' friends ruined that a couple years ago. I spent an ungodly amount of money to rent out an indoor pool in the middle of November, and sent out invitations to a bunch of their friends, and the invitations specificially listed both of my twins' names. We live in a small community so almost everyone knows each other, so I figured all the kids that came would realize it's a combined party for the twins. Well, 3 of my sons friends showed up and brought presents for just him... none of my daughter's friends showed up and she got no presents. Out of the dozen or so kids that had been invited only 3 showed up and nobody called to say they couldn't make it so that I could have found replacements. I spent all that money on the pool, pizza, cake, sodas, and it was so dissappointing! I live in a tiny trailer, so I can't invite my kid's friends to the house.. so in order to do a friend party I have to rent a place.. and I can't spend that kind of money if the party isn't worth while for my kids (it's not so much the presents, but spending over $200 on just 3 kids and my daughter getting that depressed is not worth it!). So since then we've done nothing but family parties.. and we don't have much family anymore so mostly it's just the ones that live in this house. Though this past May was my oldest's 13th and my 30th so we invited hubby's dad, my mom, and a couple friends of ours and it was a pretty decent party.
You could have it in your yard it the house is too small. My new place is way to small for a party. I will do it in the back yard. we also have a big parking lot in front where I could have a nice table and drinks. It was really sad to have spent all that money on the pool party. When I had my daughters pool party more people came then I thought and I was so happy. I look bac at the pictures and just smile.
I don't have a yard.. I live in a trailer park, sandwiched between 2 other trailers.. I literally have 3 feet between me and the next house!
Hi! Wow, your birthday is coming soon. Good luck in your new apartment. My son just turned 18 and he still celebrated his birthday party at home. He just invited some close friends, we ordered pizza and they enjoyed just playing wii games. I guess to them it's more of spending time together and catching up with busy times in school.
That was nice as well. My daughter is having her 18th birthday party in a hall some where with a dj and a lot of people. I don't know that I will be there though. That music would be out of this world.
@bubulizzz (506)
• Latvia
My daughter had only one birthday party and that was on her first year. After that we had many financial problems it can't even a cake her. I hope that after some time the situation with money will become better and we would be able to make her a good party.
does anyone know how to bake a cake at all? that would be nice too.
• Brazil
Well, since i don't have a child i can't really talk about him, but in my experience i've stopped having partis when i was about 12 or 13. Sure a meet with some friends maybe to make a barbecue or play some soccer, that still something that i enjoy to make my birthday "party", but the real party never again.
as long as your happy it is all fine.
@laglen (19782)
My daughter is 16 and she still has parties. Depending on finances but I can usually figure something out.
Thats good I will do this as well.
My kids had a 1st birthday party with family. But beyond that we haven't had any parties for them. I'd like to afford a party for their classmates but it's just not pheaseable. I'd rather send a nice treat to school if I have the cash otherwise we'll just do something amongst the immediate family.
@ebuscat (5949)
For me since birth I don't have a party in my birthday because I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses not to celebrate about it we follow Jesus Christ when he is in the earth they don't celebrate also it is a pagan form of worship as a Cristian we don't follow what bad worship is.
My son is 8 and this hasn't come up for us yet. He doesn't have many friends from school yet so his birthday parties are cousins and family get togethers. We usually do ours at the park because we live in a mobile home and not much room here. He gets the bigger party but we also have a smaller family party at the house just him, mom and dad.
@ElicBxn (60895)
the roomie and I have only 9 days separating us on birthdays (and 7 years) and her folks have kind of celebrated our birthdays as a single party, tho before my mother got so sick, we'd have a little dinner together for it - unless it landed ON Thanksgiving, then we did Thanksgiving.
@cream97 (29166)
All of my kids are still young. I may have my daughter a birthday party in September. I had my son a birthday party about four years ago. I may have him something this December. When my children get to be about, 10 then I won't have birthday parties as frequently. They are older then. If I celebrate their birthday, I will not have a big party or anything. Just something that is special and simple.
@eileenleyva (10984)
Our custom in the Philippines is to celebrate the 1st, 7th, and 18th birthdays. Huge parties are usually thrown, especially for the debut. But each year, birthdays are celebrated with family or friends by eating out in fine dining restaurants. For the little people, such as moi, we cook spaghetti, roast chicken, light a birthday cake, and sing at home. My elder daughter had her debut complete with 18 roses. My younger daughter celebrated her coming of age with her nose perked on her Biology book.