ever dealt with people who can tell how to do something better then they never

ok how many of you ever met someone who tell you how to do something better or think you need to do this or that and never done it like i am a songwriter and my one song is call mr music man, about my mom. my brother told me i shouldnt have mr music man so much in the song just hey mr. i exlaind to him mr music man is the hook. and then asked him if he ever wrote a song ? of course he said no. and then i asked him if he ever won an award for writing ? and once again nope. ive won small awards for songs and poetry. then saturday i had a meeting, i do consulting work for people who wants to sing. so i my meeting with a 12 yr old. and my neices husband started after they left, she needs to do this and that, i need to tell her this or that. now i just looked at him, dude like for real its my company. i started this. and i do know something about people who wanting to become singer. what have done in the business ? and of course it was nothing. so i told him to shut up have ever dealt with people like this ? are you hard on them too ?i tell them to shut up and and show them things i have done and it makes them shut up
@lacieice (2065)
I'm sure you're good at what you do, but maybe listening to suggestions is not a bad thing. We never know it all about anything, and a fresh viewpoint can give rise to some innovative ideas at times. I consider myself quite knowledgeable about some subjects, but I am still willing to learn more, and will take any assistance that is offered. You just have to separate the good from the bad and use the good to benefit from.
these people never did what i did, its like me telling the doctor how to operate on someone when i never went to medical school, they just think they are smarter then me and dont have nothing to back it up.. now if they were in the music business or wrote a song, then yeah i have no problmes at all.
@tigeraunt (6331)
dear syankee, in your case i would probably listen to suggestions (not orders). but that does not guarantee that i will do it. just to have some other ideas because sometimes you will need to have a new or a different approach of the things you do, poetry and songs.. it has to vary or else it will become monotonous. surely you understand what i mean, right? that would naturally not mean that your works are not appreciated, because in fact, those works won awards. thank you for this discussion. ann
yeah i have no problmes listening to someone ideas if they did the samething i do, but if they have never did it then no.. lol
@saizo6 (2211)
Yes, I do know some people who are like that. Most of the time it's over cooking or methods for gardening and such. They aren't really big issues or anything like that and I know the people only mean well with their suggestions. So, even if it does get to be irritating I wouldn't outright tell them to shut up. That's being a bit too mean. I'd just tell them that I'll try it their way next time and see how things go.
@wongchoiyee (7458)
Yeah of course. My younger brother is always create problem for me. He is studying law and graduated lately. However to become a lawyer, he always practice himself with me as a defendant/plaintiff and asked me a lot of questions. I am getting fed up as he always throws up tantrum for me. I am feeling pressured by this and I think I am getting a bit depressed of what I have achieved so far. He is making a fool of me and I don't think he deserve a credit!
@mentalward (14695)
Yeah, I know someone like that: my husband. He thinks he knows everything. He knows better than the "experts" in medicine, history, psychology, everything. He knows how to "fix" our country. He knows that I need as far as doctors and medicine. He knows how to get an animal to behave. To all these, I say "NOT"! The thing with him is, all he knows is what he's read and he has misinterpreted what he's read, many times. I think that he thinks that he's smarter than everyone else. It doesn't matter to him that he did not study or receive a degree in certain areas, he simply knows best. A good example would be when he found a website owned by people who swear they can "cure" fibromyalgia with diet alone. The testing, right down to the mitochondria, in order to prepare the proper diet, costs thousands of dollars. My husband was after me to give them a call (and, of course, pay them thousands of dollars since they didn't accept medical insurance) for a long time. I finally asked him that, if these guys could cure fibromyalgia, why haven't they shared this knowledge with the medical community so that everyone with fibromyalgia could benefit from it? Also, why don't they accept insurance? It's because they are frauds, that's why. All they want is money. Needless to say, I don't listen to him much. I usually just say, "Uh huh" or "Okay" and leave it at that. I don't bother arguing with him because, basically, it's a lost cause. I'd actually love to see him argue with the REAL experts. I wonder how long he'd keep talking.